Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New laptop with Vista disk space problem

Options
  • 07-03-2009 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hope some of you can help, my neigbhour got himself a new laptop from dunnes stores & asked me to setup his eircom wireless BB which I did, he asked me to also install some apps I had been telling him about, google earth, etc..etc. The problem is that I can't install anything because Vista reports "low disk space",...now I did check the bios & there is a 160gbHD installed but vista says drive c (system) = 30gb,.. drive e (drivers) = 10gb & drive f (cd/dvd)...that leaves 120gb missing, drive D is not showing at all, I don't use Vista myself so I wonder in there something simple I'm missing ??:confused: all help welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

It depends on where the manufacturers have placed the drivers partition, but you may be able to simply extend the C: partition to use more of the space.

See "extending the partition using the GUI" instructions
    http://www.petri.co.il/extend-disk-partition-vista-windows-server-2008.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Right click on my computer and go to manage, then to disk management (it's more or less the same as in XP)
    There must either be some unpartitioned space there (if there is, just right click and choose create partition) or there's a hidden partition for system restores etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Thanks folks,..won't get to the lappie again untill monday, I'll let you know how it goes

Advertisement