Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chieftec Dragon problems

Options
  • 07-03-2009 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I just recieved a shiny new chieftec dragon full tower and of course i started putting stuff in right away. I started with an FSP dedicated power supply (fits in an optical drive bay) and that's as far as i got. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to mount anything in the cd-rom bays with those plastic clips that came with the case. When the clips are mounted on a drive or in this case the power supply they will not slide in through the front as the clips make it to wide. When inserted through the rear inside the case, the metal protrusions on the clips scrape the inside of the cage and get caught on the various edges scattered all over. Since chieftec was kind enough to not supply this case with a manual, i'm forced to ask for help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Adder1

EBON WOLF check out the following link
    http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/chieftec_dragon_da01bld/index2.shtml
    HOPE IT HELPS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ebonwolf

That was exactly what i was looking for. Thank you much sir, i finally managed to get the power supply and dvd rom installed. Although i still fail to see the reasoning behind the bracket system for the optical drives. Every other case i've had doesn't require any clips or brackets, just slide the drives in and screw em' down. Taking the front panel off just to install this stuff was a bit inconvenient.

Advertisement