Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very suspect hand

Options
  • 07-03-2009 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

i was playing CASH NLH 1-2-5live last night in the above club...everything going well as i was in for 200 and had 1800 in front of me....all good....we went 3 handed and decided to change to PLO 2-5-10live and as the other guys werent exactly experts i decided HAPPY DAYS! a few hands in i was dealt AAKK double suited. NOW bear in mind that we just had a deck change before the hand was dealt as the previous deck had a "marked" ace of diamonds... now i looked at this "marked" card and could see NOTHING but decided that there was no harm in the deck change....so back to the hand. Now im in the small blind and the big blind has roughly the same tank as me. Now as its 2-5-10live i raise, bb raises, 10live folds and i reraise to 120, bb calls. flop is K J 5 rainbow. I bet 240, bb calls, lots of speech play by bb. turn is 8h putting 2 hearts on board. I bet again 720, bb thinks for about 10mins(no exageration)....tells me he has trip 5's and tells me i have KK or JJ and says he KNOWS he has 1 out.....turns out he has 5-5-4-10 with 2 hearts, Eventually he RAISES all in another 700 and I instacall. He remains very calm and unusually confident that the river with make his hand. river card 5. he shows quads and starts apologising insincerely... Now my point is ive played hundreds of thousands of hands live and have never experienced such an unusual series of events..... change of deck because of phantom mark on card i couldnt find....next hand i get best poss starting hand.....i connect with flop..... i have nuts till turn....unusual betting pattern by opponent.....there are too many variables for a simple bad beat.....if it had been you... you would say it was BENT...... views please......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

so you basically think BB and the dealer are in cahoots and the deck is rigged? sounds very hard to do. Do you know these people pesonally?
    FWIW Sick sick beat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Not that hard to do if the new deck was brought in this hand. Quite easy to do actually, if they both wanted to do it. Depends if you think the people are capable of such a thing. Pre flop seems a bit odd , but I don't play plo, but post flop most live players aren't folding there so nothing weird about his play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 playzpoker

no dont normally play there but the other 2 players... were pals and very familiar with staff..... bb actually showed his hand to the dealer before he went all in and she actually said to him he should FOLD...then he raises all in...... very weird

slash... guy has bottom set and 5high flush draw...how can u say hes never folding......most players will be folding on the turn... remember he actually SAID " I know i only have 1 out!"

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Not that hard to do if the new deck was brought in this hand. Quite easy to do actually, if they both wanted to do it. Depends if you think the people are capable of such a thing. Pre flop seems a bit odd , but I don't play plo, but post flop most live players aren't folding there so nothing weird about his play
    just read it was 1st hand with a fresh deck now

even at 2/5/10 deep don't think i'd call with 5-5-10-4. If they are all familiar with each other its more likely that it could happen, very very hard to prove.

• Advertisement

playzpoker wrote: »
    slash... guy has bottom set and 5high flush draw...how can u say hes never folding......most players will be folding on the turn... remember he actually SAID " I know i only have 1 out!"
    strange speech from someone who shoves. it is a fold to most players on the turn btw

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Some guy hit runner runner straight against me lst night, pretty sure the deck was set up and he was not infact a donkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Wish Id only been 1 outered once in my last 8000 hours of play - assuming the flush draw wasnt live.

why is it that the integrity of a card room can never be called into question cause a bad beat is always bad luck.....no cheating ever occurs in card rooms....NEVER.. yeah right. and if you suggest it you are ridiculed

flushdraw was dead i had not hearts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Eh, did you not ask the dealer to shuffle the new deck? Or did he just grab the new deck and then start dealing it straight away?

wasnt paying attention to new deck

playzpoker wrote: »
    flushdraw was dead i had not hearts
    he has more than 1 out if you had no hearts

i had nut hearts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

Do you really think if theyd rigged it up, hed show the dealer say only have one out etc...

when he showed dealer and she said fold the cardroom manager immediately told her to shush

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This is already being 'discussed' in the bbv thread. No need for it to be posted twice, whatever about once.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement