Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanted to start as an archer

Options
  • 06-03-2009 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

i was thinking about starting archery. im 14 years old so i dont know will all the clubs will take or am i able to shoot by myself. i also wanted to know if there are any clubs other than ul club in limerick and dont want yeomen because they are too far away plz reply fast because if i can i want to start as fast as i can thx in advance and
    and my name is matthew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

Hi Matthew. It's better to start shooting in the club rather than on your own. In the club, you'd get coaching to properly learn how to shoot and you'd get club equipment to start with.

The list of Irish club is here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054973348. If you are located in Limerick, then UL (target archery) and Yeomen (field archery) are the only choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

Hi,
    I only took up archery this year with ul. Its a great club, the craic is mighty, and you get to know lots of great people!!! All equipment is supplied for beginners, and if you want to buy your own bow, the wealth of knowledge in the club is all available to you!! You can find out more information on www.ulac.tk.
    And sure you could always come along to one training session and see what its all about. (Note: You wont be able to shoot without signing up for insurance purposes!) Training times are on monday and wednesday from 7:30 to 10:30.
    Hopefully well see you there some night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 matiwariat94

just got a reply from ul club that they dont take ppl that are under 16 bad for me because im 14 anyway thx for replys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rhood

The IAAA (www.archery.ie) have coaches teaching archery in schools and may be able to work with Limerick Sports Partnership and your school to provide lessons. Worth looking into.

Advertisement