Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantity Surveying

Options
  • 06-03-2009 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Im doing my leaving cert this summer and deceiding what course to do.Quantity Surveying interests me but will it be any good to have in the future as the construction boom seems to be over.Im planning on joining the Garda Siochana once i get a degree so im also looking at "easy" degrees if there is such a thing lol!!!What do ye think is this a good course?Any suggestions?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Easy degrees? You're looking to be an Art student so ;)

Go for what you want to and do factor in job prospects but we don't know what the construction employment scene will be in 4 years time.
    And if it's poor then you can still emigrate.

As for the gardai, you don't need a degree, you could apply after your LC if they have openings.
    All the info you could possibly want to know is over in Emergency Services forum

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

Well I really don't think Quantity Surveying would be the easiest degree out there!My uncle did it a few years ago and I know he found it fairly tough going. Him and most of his friends from the course have also recently been made redundant.

Saying that you never know what opportunities will be out there in 4 years.....If you think you'll have an interest in the course go for it!

Advertisement