Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DID 20% cashback

Options
  • 06-03-2009 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

Buy over €1500 worth of goods and get 20% cashback.
    Offer runs until Sunday.
    Might be worth pooling with somebody else if your total isn't over 1500.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭PADDYPOKER

DID in Tallaght also have a sign outside, if you find goods cheaper elsewhere, they will give you 200% of the difference back.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭absurdtrivia

Wow. I used to work in electrical retail and a 20% discount is pretty much unheard of on electrical goods.

Odd that the offer is not mentioned on their website.

They do mention the 200% of the difference back if you find a product cheaper elsewhere.

It's funny how saying "200% of the difference back" sounds so much more impressive than just saying "double the difference back"

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

I'm open to correction on this, but I'm pretty sure the cashback on any of their offers is in the form of a DID Voucher, not actual cash

<edit>Yup, vouchers only (but the dates are way out, so who knows....)

http://www.didstore.com/terms.asp
    did.ie wrote:
    20% back is awarded by way of D.I.D Electrical vouchers

</edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Count Voucher

indeed, it is a DID voucher you are getting. I wonder if there are additional conditions on it (minimum purchase again etc) - anyone knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 sallymount

Spocker wrote: »
    I'm open to correction on this, but I'm pretty sure the cashback on any of their offers is in the form of a DID Voucher, not actual cash
    reckon you're right. i think its in the small print on the bottom of their add in the papers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

They ran this offer before when I was buying a TV and fridge. They let us order the fridge and pay with the vouchers when they were sent to us. It ended up as a really good deal. They discounting the TV further but gave us the vouchers as if they hadn't.

The vouchers are sent out later is the only drawback we encountered and there was no minimum purchase on the vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

DID are a complete joke in my experience. That 200% offer is complete rubbish, as was any other pricematch they had. When I moved home a couple of years ago, we went in and said that some of the items we were buying were cheaper elsewhere....we were asked to get written quotes, which we did. When we brought these back to the shop we were told...'oh yeah, they are good prices...we cannot actually match this, sorry'.

I went in last week for the 200% offer as I was buying a TV. Currys/Harvey Norman/Philips had it cheaper. I was told that there would be 'no problem, just bring in a written quote...' etc. Got the quote and went into DID. Long story short, they said that they could not give me this offer and do not have to, regardless of what the signs say.

It's just a marketing ploy. I've come across numerous stories similar to mine

Oh yeah, I bought the TV in the Philips shop on Dame Street. The guys in there are great and gave me a really good deal. They are linked to richersounds.ie, who have a segment on boards also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Agree totally with Leprachaun 77. There should be a case taken against them for false advertising cause in my experience, they do not match/beat other quotes when you bring the proof into them. I buy my tvs etc online and save a fortune over what the likes of DID charge. Plus the added bonus of not having to deal with surly salesmen who know nothing about the product they're selling is a big bonus. Try Richersounds if you want a tv at a great price, e.g. my Samsung Series 6 was priced at €2,000 in DID last June while I eventually bought it from Richersounds for €1,300 - more than 20% off/200% the difference back or whatever "deal" the likes of DID offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭strettie

http://www.asai.ie/complain.asp

Make your complaint here on the inaccurate ad. These guys do act.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sexpot

Agree totally with Leprachaun 77. There should be a case taken against them for false advertising cause in my experience, they do not match/beat other quotes when you bring the proof into them. I buy my tvs etc online and save a fortune over what the likes of DID charge. Plus the added bonus of not having to deal with surly salesmen who know nothing about the product they're selling is a big bonus. Try Richersounds if you want a tv at a great price, e.g. my Samsung Series 6 was priced at €2,000 in DID last June while I eventually bought it from Richersounds for €1,300 - more than 20% off/200% the difference back or whatever "deal" the likes of DID offer.

I'm afraid DID don't have to match quotes under the law of contract. By bringing a quote in your making an offer which is under their invitation to buy price, but they don't have to accept that price since they haven't offered it.

Obviously online is cheaper, there's far less costs involved in online selling (don't have to pay rent in high footfall areas, less staff etc.). If anything goes wrong though at least DID will sort it out face to face and you won't be waiting over 2 weeks to get stuff back. I don't think its fair to compare online companies with regular shops....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sexpot wrote: »
    I'm afraid DID don't have to match quotes under the law of contract. By bringing a quote in your making an offer which is under their invitation to buy price, but they don't have to accept that price since they haven't offered it.

Obviously online is cheaper, there's far less costs involved in online selling (don't have to pay rent in high footfall areas, less staff etc.). If anything goes wrong though at least DID will sort it out face to face and you won't be waiting over 2 weeks to get stuff back. I don't think its fair to compare online companies with regular shops....

agreed, if the difference is small enough (10% or less I use as a benchmark), you're better imo to buy in the shop because it's alot easier to sort out if there's a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 30ferry

I emailed Richersounds a number of times about buying a Pioneer 50" Plasma but got no reply so when I saw this offer in DID I decided to go with them. TV ended up being the same price as Richersound; no delivery charge and local shop to return to if any problem although I don't expect any. Needed a fridge so the 20% off coupon worked a treat. As to the 200% difference, I have claimed this in the past with no difficulty whatsoever so a little surprised to hear of the difficulties of some. DID do exactly what it says on the tin in my exprience and I'd happily shop there over HN or web based sites etc.!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cmdrRiker

Of course DID won't price match. The conditions in the site state clearly:

DOUBLE THE DIFFERENCE OFFER
    If you purchase a product from D.I.D Electrical and find the exact same product (brand, model, colour and size) cheaper in any other retail store anywhere else in the Republic of Ireland within seven days of purchase from D.I.D. Electrical, we will be happy to refund you a D.I.D Electrical voucher not for the difference but for double the difference.

In the unlikely event that you spot a lower price within seven days of your purchase, D.I.D Electrical will ‘double the difference’ between our shelf edge price and the shelf edge price at which the competitor displays the item for sale to customers but not a negotiated or special price for particular stock.

http://www.didstore.com/terms.asp

Simply put, you need to buy first and then get the vouchers for the difference - always read the small print.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Hmmm I'm still waiting for the last month for my vouchers!!... In the post they say!!!

they said I have to spend 50% of my own cash and 50% voucher ...

Not a bad deal allright(if they ever arrive!!)

Advertisement