Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Institute for Human Continuity

Options
  • 06-03-2009 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Check out the following link:

http://www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org/

The institutes mission statement is "to ensure the survival of the human race".

Study the site. They present three graphical renditions of how they believe the world is going to end. You can find them by selecting the scenario from the home page.

Now here's the clincher. I already know the true meaning behind this site. If you know or think you know what is it then PM me. For now I want to leave it open to interpretation purely as an excercise.

Indulge me for me now. I'll post the answer later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Veni Vedi Vici

One person has PM'd me the correct answer already.

I'm glad to say that I'm not the only "truly aware" individual in this forum. Wake up sheeple! :)

Goddamit indough. Delete your post or you've spoilt the excercise completley. I clearly said to PM me.

A spoiler block only works if you don't want to know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

haha done, this isnt a laboratory for you to run experiments in btw

indough wrote: »
    haha done, this isnt a laboratory for you to run experiments in btw

Understood. Thanks in any case.

INDOUGH = guineapig.gif:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

im just kidding mate, this thread is actually quite interesting given the usual standard of tripe round here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

has it something to do with drugs, or do you need drugs to "get it"?

solas wrote: »
    has it something to do with drugs, or do you need drugs to "get it"?

Actually reviewing the site might assist you. ;)

So far three individuals but three individuals 'amongst a flock of sheeple' are awake to the underhand agenda at play.

Actually reviewing the site might assist you. ;)
    Are you trying to brainwash me?

(I just saw THC and misplaced the I so I thought it was something about drugs, although I'm sure they might help.)

Are you trying to brainwash me?

Perhaps the sociopathic globalist illuminati elite are trying to brainwash you. Perhaps a genuine and sincere group of scientists are trying to prepare you for the elites agenda.

You decide.
    (I just saw THC and misplaced the I so I thought it was something about drugs, although I'm sure they might help.)

I'm going to assume you're toking away right now tbh. :)

Perhaps the sociopathic globalist illuminati elite are trying to brainwash you. Perhaps a genuine and sincere group of scientists are trying to prepare you for the elites agenda.

You decide.

I'm goin to assume you're toking away right now tbh. :)
    Unfortunately I'm not but if I thought it would help you brainwash me I would go out and buy some :P.

• Advertisement

Five individuals 'have seen the light'.

I'll reveal the answer after a few more replies.

Seven correct. One wrong (and with the expected answer). I wonder how many of the seven would have taken the site at face value had I simply posted the link though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

So far, 7 out of 8 answers were correct.

From such a set of feedback, I would tend to find your "amongst a flock of sheeple" comment (amongst others) to be insulting.

It would seem that you're suggesting that anyone who doesn't play your game is one of this flock. Who are you to judge why people don't play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

bonkey wrote: »
    So far, 7 out of 8 answers were correct.

From such a set of feedback, I would tend to find your "amongst a flock of sheeple" comment (amongst others) to be insulting.

It would seem that you're suggesting that anyone who doesn't play your game is one of this flock. Who are you to judge why people don't play?

:confused: I just don't follow you here. I'm actually confused and a little taken back by your remarks (and slightly intimidated mind you seeing as your a moderator and all that :D).

This was just a light-hearted look Sony's viral campaign and how others might take it at face value.

The 'amongst flock of sheeple' was just a little extremist humor hence the use of apostrophes. I'm not here to judge anyone. I respect both camps. Honestly.

Sorry for pissing you off so much.

Now that the cat is out the bag (yep, the site is for the upcoming 2012 film) what do you all make of it?

I wonder how many folk actually signed up for the life-saving lottery? :)

:confused: I just don't follow you here. I'm actually confused and a little taken back by your remarks (and slightly intimidated mind you seeing as your a moderator and all that :D).

This was just a light-hearted look Sony's viral campaign and how others might take it at face value.

The 'amongst flock of sheeple' was just a little extremist humor hence the use of apostrophes. $I'm not here to judge anyone. I respect both camps. Honestly.

Sorry for pissing you off so much.

Its hard to determine humour accurately on the web.

If you meant it as humour, then fair enough. Bear in mind, however, that intent isn't always sufficient (on or off the web) to allay effect. Saying "I didn't intend for anyone to get hurt" is a poor defence in the real world when someone is lying injured through your actions. Similarly, saying "I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings" doesn't prevent people's feelings from being hurt, nor fully excuse that such was done.

I read the thread and saw the following in your posts...

1) A challenge to other posters
    2) Posts littered with language about seeing the light, sheeple etc.
    3) Some sort of "fallback" when 7 of 8 got it right, suggesting that maybe they wouldn't have if you hadn't hinted at it.

As a moderator, I didn't think you had stepped over any lines. As a poster, I found your tone insulting, whether or not it was intended to be so. Maybe the lack of sleep is making me grumpy.

Generally, I'm quite skeptical of insults wrapped with quotes or smilies. I don't think, for example, that many of the conspiracy-promoting posters here would appreciate being called tinfoil-hat wearing loons, whether or not I put it in quotes or followed it by a smiley.

As a moderator, I'm very wary of encouraging any such behaviour, because it would give a carte blanche to ignoring the ethos of respecting other posters....just add a smiley or a couple of quotes and let rip.

You will note, however, that I didn't infract you for it.

Maybe the lack of sleep is making me grumpy.

No worries. Nothing wrong with being a midnight owl.
    As a poster, I found your tone insulting, whether or not it was intended to be so.

Fair enough. I'm just a little upset that you took it up that way. I'm a fair person. Antagonizing others just doesn't float my boat.
    As a moderator, I didn't think you had stepped over any lines.

You will note, however, that I didn't infract you for it.

It seems a bit harsh that you were considering it but thanks for being leniant I guess.

Back on topic here's an article I've stumbled across with one fella's opinion on whole affair:
    Another day, another inbox with three emails asking me about what this 2012 “thing” is all about.
    Another two from concerned (but now relieved) readers and one (from late last night) calling me a fudging idiot (edit the italicized word). I had no idea that my 2012 articles on the Universe Today (and the growing number on Astroengine) would evoke such a spirited and sustained barrage of hate/love/relief mail. I’m a scientist, first and foremost, I’m not used to this kind of attention.
    Seriously though, this 2012 insanity needs to calm down. Admittedly, telling “believers” there is nothing to fear about the Mayan calendar coming to the end (or the hopelessly flawed Bible Code is nonsense) is a bit like waving a red cloth in front of a pissed off bull, and any hope that we wont be barraged by doomsday hysteria in 2012 is a lost cause (in my opinion). But mainstream media really needs to lay off the scaremongering tactics.
    I can deal with the crackpots, greedy authors, pseudo-science liars, misinformed and weak-minded “YouTube Scientists” spreading prophecies of doomsday, linking ancient prophecy (that has a non-existent prediction:proof ratio by the way) with modern science. But when Sony Pictures jump on the 2012 juggernaut, I think we can forget about having any sanity in the run-up to December 21st 2012.

I don't remember any of my nearest and dearest panicing when Y2K was upon us. I doubt they'll react any differently to 2012 (the year, not the film).

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Check out the following link:

http://www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org/

The institutes mission statement is "to ensure the survival of the human race".

Study the site. They present three graphical renditions of how they believe the world is going to end. You can find them by selecting the scenario from the home page.

Now here's the clincher. I already know the true meaning behind this site. If you know or think you know what is it then PM me. For now I want to leave it open to interpretation purely as an excercise.

Indulge me for me now. I'll post the answer later.

Whatever you're trying to suggest one thing is for sure: more ppl they convince, more money they will get :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I assumed it was a fake site set up to promote someone's awesome web design skills. The interface was way too sexy to not be a marketing ploy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its for the 2012 movie. You're right, the sexeh gave it away.

Zillah wrote: »
    The interface was way too sexy to not be a marketing ploy :)

Yep. This is true. Its almost entirley in flash.

Unfortunatley the real truth is rarely delivered in such a 'sexy' manner.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned that the film itself may have its own agenda.

Ofcourse it has an agenda - cash in on what will undoubtedly be a meme that will grow in the publi consciousness as The Date raws nearer.

Here's a link to one individual that bought into the site. I feel bad for them but it's funny at the same time.
    Ofcourse it has an agenda - cash in on what will undoubtedly be a meme that will grow in the publi consciousness as The Date raws nearer.

Um, yeah. I was hoping that much was obvious by now.

I was referring to a notion thats a little more ubiquitous around here actually. I was wondering if any of the CT'ers thought the doomsday scenario might be related to 'propaganda', 'fear-mongering' or 'disinformation' at the hands of the NWO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

I was wondering if any of the CT'ers thought the doomsday scenario might be related to 'propaganda', 'fear-mongering' or 'disinformation' at the hands of the NWO.

QUOTE]

Nope. Great viral marketing though. If you sign up for a lottery ticket they send emails and continue on the pretence. Brilliant.

No way. Thats un-fecking-believable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

No way. Thats un-fecking-believable!

[IM]http://www.simplenomics.com/wp-images/smartass.jpg[/IMG]

No, you've got me all wrong. I genuinley mean that its unbelievable that they keep up the pretence. I hadn't signed up for the mailer myself.

10/10 for the picture though. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

DubTony wrote: »

Please dont post pointless images - they distract from the thread.

Advertisement