Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Laptop

Options
  • 06-03-2009 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im looking to buy a new laptop somethin around a 13" (not set in stone) screen my Budget is between 750-900 mayb slightly more. I would be using it for college work, internet and maybe the odd game of football manager but not really a big gamer and all the other usual stuff!

Iv been drawn to this laptop and was wondering if anyone would have any opinions and also what are elara like to deal with??

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfullat.asp?productcode=ECE1687588#spec

Thanks guys.
    Any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Well Id be the first to say Im not an expert but I do know this laptop should easily do what you need it for. The 9200M will be fine for FM09. Also from what Ive heard elara are quite easy to deal with especially in comparison to laptopsdirect.ie and pixmania!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 duvelhedz

Nice Laptop!
    When you get it though, get a copy of Win XP and get rid of the awful letdown thet is Win Vista. It will run twice as fast if you do that and you will be happier in the long run.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

duvelhedz wrote: »
    Nice Laptop!
    When you get it though, get a copy of Win XP and get rid of the awful letdown thet is Win Vista. It will run twice as fast if you do that and you will be happier in the long run.:D
    I have to disagree with this
    Although granted Vista is slower it should work fine with 4gb of RAM and when you get used to it, it is a better OS
    Also with Windows 7 coming out later this year Xp will becme slightly outdated!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

duvelhedz wrote: »
    Nice Laptop!

No, forget xp, that dog of an OS, and run DOS, it's lightning fast:rolleyes:. Seriously though, the above statement is not true, maybe if you were running vista on an older machine pentium4 or the likes. But the above machine will have zero problems. XP is essentially dead, anyone who says moving to xp is the thing to do is living in the past.

Advertisement