Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a GAA club in Laois

Options
  • 06-03-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

I've just returned from America and am looking to join a GAA club in Laois. I played some Junior C hurling in America, but am more interested in playing football at home. I'm not very good and just looking to see if anyone knows a club out there that would be accepting of a 24 just interested in getting out and playing a bit. Also, my wife would like to play football also, so if there is a club someone recommends, it would be awesome if they also had a ladies team. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Try and speak to Park Ratheniska GAA club. http://parkratheniskagaa.com/
    They have Junior A and C Hurling teams and an Intermediate football team and a Junior football team in the mens.
    They also have a very good ladies team.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

what part of laois are you living in?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Mossin wrote: »
    Try and speak to Park Ratheniska GAA club. http://parkratheniskagaa.com/
    They have Junior A and C Hurling teams and an Intermediate football team and a Junior football team in the mens.
    They also have a very good ladies team.

Thanks. I'll check them out.
    Moose112 wrote:
    what part of laois are you living in?

Portlaoise. I think they wouldn't have a place for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Ratheniska is close to Portlaoise, about a 10 minute drive out the Timahoe Road.

Hope things go well for you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Darlie

Portlaoise would have a place for you alright I'd say. They field a good number of adult teams, they'd have a place for the missus aswell. In saying that, Park Ratheniska are a grand club too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement