Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing from a PDF and the text is all messed up?

Options
  • 06-03-2009 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I'm in the office today and any printer i print from using a PDF the print is all messed up. I can print normal doc's and it's fine, Only PDF's are messed up.

It's a network printer,

The text comes out all over the place. The text makes no sence, It's all on top of each other and there are numbers and symbols in there,

Any idea how i can fix this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Are you using Adobe reader for the PDFs? What version exactly? Have you tried opening with an alternate PDF viewer and printing (eg download foxit reader here: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I downloaded the latest Adobe reader (ver 9)

I'll try that software and see how i go,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

If this is in an office and you are an end user I'd recommend contacting your IT dept.

Other than that, configure Adobe reader to print as image

adobe.jpg

Should do the trick ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

+1 for print as image
    ++1 for using foxit instead of acrobat bloatware in general

if all else fails then get pdfcreator from sourcefourge and print to it and then print that pdf
    stupid but nothing to loose

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭4arc

this because you used a type of font that the version of your pdf converter does not support. redo it using an older font type or maybe updating the program used to convert it to pdf and/or your reader version

common fonts that cause this include the sans serif family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

If this issue is occurring across an office for all PDFs, then you might want to look at updating the print drivers presumably provided by the windows print server.

I've seen this situation where any PDF printed on a particular brand of printer (Minolta PIxxxx in that case), regardless of content, would print garbage. All other docs would be fine.

Advertisement