Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

condom broke on 1 night stand - Warning Gross

Options
  • 06-03-2009 6:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys

kinda panicing here, i pulled a girl from a club who was very easy, she even had huge tattoss down below

the condom broke, i fealt it break so i pulled right out then put another condom on, then the very same thing happend again

i then found out she was on the 2nd day of her period!

I am ****ting my brick here, what should I do this happened at 4 am its 5 am now.

I am home had a wash, rally worried, i was only in for a few seconds when it broke both times will it be ok, what if blood got on me ?

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Assuming this isn't a wind up then ouch, that's a pity for you. There are two things you need to think about here:

1. Possibility of a sexually transmitted infection (STI)
    2. Possibility of pregnancy

1. Go to GP and get a referral to an STI clinic or straight to a walk-in clinic (if there are any in Ireland...I'd assume there is).

2. Despite the fact that she was having her period, there is a chance she could get pregnant. She should look into taking the morning after pill if she wasn't on contraception herself.

Something else to consider is why these condoms broke. How old were they? Where have you been storing them? Have they been in very hot environments or very cold, or have they been sitting in a wallet for years waiting for the right opportunity?

Get a new box of condoms, store them somewhere away from extremes of temperatures and if you are keeping them in a wallet, change them every couple of months if they haven't been used.

On the off chance that you have a huge penis (don't we all ;) :pac:) then think about buying larger condoms, they are available to buy. That said, don't just buy them because you think it would look cool to the girl behind the counter, a loose fitting condom is a risk.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

regarding the pill i am going to see if she will take it

regarding the gp visit is there any point in going right away? dont you have to wait for a while for the test, would a test the next day be a waste?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

If you or the girl have any concerns, and it sounds like you are quite worried, go to your GP.

You'll get the best advice from a medical professional.

Don't be one bit embarrassed ... they will have seen it all before, and your concerns will be important to them.

Please ... make an appointment today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cumhachtnamara

period blood is blood. end of. no big deal just a bit of liquid. but seeing as shes a random girl u pulled u dont know what her sexual history is yadiyadiya get yourself to a sti clinic and get checked out. only takes a few minutes and you will have a weight of your shoulders!!!! :)

For the record,you cant get pregnant when your on your period,even the most fertile of women cant so you can rule that out!!!!!!!!
    STI is likely,so if your worried get checked!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

thanks for the help folks, when to the d doc, so spoke to a GP at 10, i went as since Monday have been getting a chest infection so sorted 2 things in the one visit

the doctor said as i pulled straight out the risk was very low, and just to watch out for any puss and not to worry about it.,

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭AmcD

There is a walk-in STI clinic in St.James's Hosptial in Dublin. Check their website: www.guide2guide.ie. They have directions to clinic, times, FAQs etc. It is first come, first served and can be very busy. To be sure of being seen, turn up 1.5-2hrs before the clinic opens (yes even for the morning ones). It might be a hassle "wasting" a morning, but chlamydia or hepatitis C are much more of an inconvenience. The service is free and confidential. Your GP will not be informed, unless you give your permission. I think the clinic notes are even kept separate from the usual St.James's hospital patient charts.
    They will do all your swabs and blood tests and give treatment on the spot if necessary

At least you tried to use condoms!
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

For the record,you cant get pregnant when your on your period,even the most fertile of women cant so you can rule that out!!!!!!!!

Wrong. It's possible but highly unlikely...as I've already said in my previous post. See this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 FANTASTIC

Im basically in the same boat. Shes told me she has the coil, getting a check up next week and am ****ting it!!
    just wondering whats the odds??? sorry for robbing your thread ;)

If she actually has a coil, then she pretty much won't get pregnant. The coil is more effective than tubal ligation/female sterilisation.
    But without a condom, you certainly run the risk of getting a sexually transmitted infection. Better get it checked out.

• Advertisement

AmcD wrote: »
    If she actually has a coil, then she pretty much won't get pregnant. The coil is more effective than tubal ligation/female sterilisation.
    But without a condom, you certainly run the risk of getting a sexually transmitted infection. Better get it checked out.

Thanks, Ye tbh Iv done it alot in the past and never worried at all but havent in the last year till now worried and Iv just copped on to myself and am ****ting to know its grand!! Iv learnt my lesson anyway...:confused:
    What percentage of people do they wreckon have stds??? or suppose stupid question, roll on 3 weeks and test and results finished!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

FANTASTIC wrote: »
    Thanks, Ye tbh Iv done it alot in the past and never worried at all but havent in the last year till now worried and Iv just copped on to myself and am ****ting to know its grand!! Iv learnt my lesson anyway...:confused:
    What percentage of people do they wreckon have stds??? or suppose stupid question, roll on 3 weeks and test and results finished!

Dude, have a chat to your doc about timelines etc. If it was only 3 weeks ago he will probably want you to have some bloods done further down the line, so make sure he knows exactly when the accident happen.

Good luck :D

Thanks well it was only last week but iv done it before (wont be again) and never got checked so il go and say it anyway.
    Why is that anyway would most not be detected straight away or is it just hiv that takes awhile?

It takes time for blood tests for HIV/hepatitis B/hepatitis C to become positive. A test for these viruses straight after unprotected sex just establishes whether a person was positive for HIV/hepatitis anyway. Repeat tests done a few weeks/months later can see if that sexual encounter caused HIV/hepatitis.

Just noting an earlier post. "Watching out for pus" would not be a reliable method of diagnosing a sexually transmitted infection- most of the infections have no symptoms at all. The only reliable way to check is swabs and blood tests.

This is not individual medical advice, just the basics behind STI screening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭pcardin

male26 wrote: »
    hi guys

kinda panicing here, i pulled a girl from a club who was very easy, she even had huge tattoss down below

the condom broke, i fealt it break so i pulled right out then put another condom on, then the very same thing happend again

i then found out she was on the 2nd day of her period!

I am ****ting my brick here, what should I do this happened at 4 am its 5 am now.

I am home had a wash, rally worried, i was only in for a few seconds when it broke both times will it be ok, what if blood got on me ?

:(

Jayzz, how did that happen' ?! Was the condom second hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

pcardin wrote: »
    Jayzz, how did that happen' ?! Was the condom second hand?

Girls can be tighter during/slightly after period, I'd say that had something to do with it

You should be tested for STIs again at least 3 months after any risky encounter. It takes time for your body to form antibodies to any infection you may have received. The medical tests done test for these antibodies. So if you have a test done just a few weeks after, they will not be accurate. Even if you are infected, you may test negative because there aren't enough antibodies in your system yet to be detected. This is especially true for HIV. So be careful!

Also, it is very true that many STIs show no symptoms. Even if you're slightly suspicious of having one, you should be tested. Many STIs can have very serious effects on your body, so it's best to treat and get rid of them before they get the chance.

As for pregnancy, it is true that a woman can get pregnant any time during her cycle. Women ovulate at different times during their cycles, and most don't know when they are.

Advertisement