Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any reason not to choose Imagine/IBB over BT?

Options
  • 05-03-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I'm with Eircom - 1MB family starter or something like that - and I've been looking at various different packages from alternative providers over the last week or so.

Having done an analysis of the calls for the last two months it seems that I can get 3mb broadband from a few providers in my area (the line only supports 2 so I guess that's all I'll see) and the cheapest of these would work out to be Imagine or BT...coming in ahead of Eircom and Perlico. No Smart or UPC :(

I would have been wary of Imagine because I remember the train wreck that was IBB, but I've been hearing mostly good things about Imagine recently, and numerous horror stories about BT.

I'd be against BT on principle because of how they advertise their cheap-cheap rates and then tell you in the small print that there's a 'connection fee' for each call and that they bill per minute and round up to the nearest minute.

Anyway, can anyone give me any reasons to stay away from Imagine? I've seen Random's thread about Rapidshare issues but to be honest I never use RS anyway.

Any advice much appreciated.

Advertisement