Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook running slowly

Options
  • 05-03-2009 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

I guys,
    Have deleted all caches and cookies, also stopped programs from running at start up and also done a repair with disk 1.
    Anything else??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

If you've reinstalled everything from scratch, t's probably some sort of hardware problem. It might be the HDD on the way out. If it's getting a lot of read/write errors loading from disk, it'll slow it down a good bit alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Basic question first: how much RAM do you have? Leopard really needs at least 2 GB for smooth operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

ethernet wrote: »
    Basic question first: how much RAM do you have? Leopard really needs at least 2 GB for smooth operation.

2gb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Dartz wrote: »
    If you've reinstalled everything from scratch, t's probably some sort of hardware problem. It might be the HDD on the way out. If it's getting a lot of read/write errors loading from disk, it'll slow it down a good bit alright.

I did not reformat, I repaired

Advertisement