Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic Design/Finished artist/Print industry jobs

Options
  • 05-03-2009 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I have over 8 years experience working as a digital printer/graphic designer/finished artist/scanner operator/studio production manager

Was in full time employment (on a contractual basis) with a large multinational up until a few months before last christmas when the studio we were working in was shut down.

Since then, I've been applying for jobs, selectively until around xmas, but since then I've been applying for literally any job that pays more than 20k. (I was on c. 60-70k in my last job!)

I understand jobs are scarce but I've got a LOT of experience, glowing references and I haven't even gotten 1 interview yet!!! I'm not exagerating at all - not 1 interview!

Crap thing is, I'm not eligible for the dole due to being self employed for the last few years and my other half works so we don't pass the means test.

Luckily I have some freelance work but I'm really starting to struggle to bring enough money in to pay the bills.

I understand jobs are scarce but has anyone else had similar experience??? i.e. strugglling to even get to an interview...

I apologise if this is totally off topic, ..maybe it should be in another forum but I wanted to talk specifically to people in this industry.

Advertisement