Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub in Dublin with cheap spirits

Options
  • 05-03-2009 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Thats what i'm looking for. I know Karma might have 3 euro spirits but anyone know anywhere else?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Karma ?:)
    That has to be the cheapest pub in Dublin city centre, I love it:pac:
    €3.50 Guinness I think.

Can't say I know anywhere that has *affordable* spirits. They're a rip off everywhere. Wether or not they priced due to taxes or their mark up, they're a rip off - €5.10 for a whiskey is disgraceful (which I think it is in the Foggy Dew).

In comparisson, in the UK (Glasgow), you can get a Whiskey or other spirits (w/ free mixer) for about £1.50./£2 in Weatherspoons . Maybe less actually. I know they've a smaller measure - 25ml- but you can "double up" for about £1.

So then that's a 50ml whiskey/vodka etc. and mixer that would be about £2.50/£3 = €3.30-€3.80 (give or take). How much would a 50ml vodka/coke cost here ?

With Ireland nose-diving faster and faster into recession (apparently) I can't see spirits in Pubs getting any cheaper :(
    The cartel's "price freeze" fiasco was an utter disgrace - bumped the prices of everything up discretely and then got free publicity pretending to be looking out for the customers :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I know they've a smaller measure - 35ml
    I thought UK measures were 25ml and ours were 35ml.

Ooop oops :o
    Post edited *

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭gnolan

Karma ?:)
    How much would a 50ml vodka/coke cost here ?

Well i think for 35ml plus mixer you'd be talking 7 EURO and up. Hence me looking for cheap spirits. Headin out saturday night and looking to just get whiskey and water on the side. Hate payin a fiver for something i can down in a second

Be careful they don't charge you for water :)

From what I can see, most Dublin pubs have upped their prices so a whiskey is likely going to be a fiver or thereabouts.

• Advertisement

Be careful they don't charge you for water :)

From what I can see, most Dublin pubs have upped their prices so a whiskey is likely going to be a fiver or thereabouts.

I am really starting to hate this country. If anyone has a gem of a pub (even club if you have to) please share.

GAA pubs seem to be slightly cheaper than the cartel pubs.

Not familiar with any, any suggestions?

Well I think they're technically private clubs and you've to be a member but my area has 2 and they let the locals in .

I don't actually know how many there are in Dublin or where they are. Someone joked to me that the GAA have only lasted so long because of the pubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

there's a "glow party" in purty kitchen tonight, €7 in and all drinks €2.

might not be your scene but would be a good night.

• Advertisement

What's the line with drinks promotions in Ireland ? I remember hearing or reading that you're not allowed have them or you can have them but not advertise them ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

you cant advertise in the media (papers, radio etc) but flyers and posters are allowed afaik.

There's a promotion on Cooley whiskeys at the moment: €3.75 a measure. The list of participating pubs is here.

BeerNut wrote: »
    There's a promotion on Cooley whiskeys at the moment: €3.75 a measure. The list of participating pubs is here.

Great stuff! You know where i can get any info on this offer?

gnolan wrote: »
    Great stuff! You know where i can get any info on this offer?
    The thread I linked to and on posters behind the bar in the pubs Brockagh mentions.

I've just come across this site - http://pintofplain.com/drink/view/
    Well worth a look!

Karma's definitely one of the cheapest in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Seaneh wrote: »
    there's a "glow party" in purty kitchen tonight, €7 in and all drinks €2.

might not be your scene but would be a good night.

Weren't they found to be selling 20% imitation vodka as Vodka a while back?

Advertisement