Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I missed the Boat?

Options
  • 05-03-2009 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi Guys,

First time poster long time reader!!!

I would like your opinion. I am in 4th year in an institute of technology in Ireland, Ive recently being offered (and accepted) a graduate position for a Major multinational so things are fantastic and i should have nothing to moan about!!

However, I Always felt like I should have achieved more in college. I got a good leaving cert result (540 pts) so the world was my oyster, however due to my fathers ill health I had to go to third level near home in order for me to run the family business (3 other siblings in college). I picked a course in the nearby institute and through hard work and determination; I am where I am today.

I feel like I missed out on the “college experience”. Feel like I am old before my time (@ the ripe old age of 20!!)I just felt I could have put my results to better use. Any thoughts?

connery :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

All we do in college is get locked so just buy yourself a bottle of rum and you're flying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭badabinbadaboom

Im 20 I left school at 16 and I feel I missed out on the secondary school experience:pac:!!!
    I cant wait to go to college to live the college life I've been missing out on the last few years.
    Anyway less about me more about you, try not to dwell on it, you cant get those years back and you cant live in the past.
    Let it go and live the "college graduate with a job" if you dwell on the past you'll miss out on the present. Thats how I'm dealing with it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Connery

thanks guys, keep the head down and plough on i spose!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Just watch every episode of Absolutely Fabulous and do whatever Eddie and Patsy do :).

Advertisement