Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light relief

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Thraktor

Something's been filtered out in the URL, so the link doesn't work, although I presume you're talking about the second post down on this page:

http://twentymajor.net/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Direct link: http://url.ie/19vt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

bealtine wrote: »

One of the colourful words got attacked by the IRMA knife?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

TM's use of words is just poetic!

(Remember I post here on my own behalf only, always!)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Wasn't eircom HiSpeed 64k?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

watty wrote: »
    Wasn't eircom HiSpeed 64k?
    Not sure about the default setup, but you could definitely bond the B channels for 128.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

dahamsta wrote: »
    Not sure about the default setup, but you could definitely bond the B channels for 128.

Yes you could join the 2 channels to give 128k but you also had to pay for 2 calls...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

and if you were really really really smart you could use the D channel for free (shhhh....)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

giving 19.2Kbps over X.25

But no dialling needed.

Actually I set up a good few Computer training rooms with Proxy and 10 to 50 PCs on 2x64k ISDN. Since it was only web browsing it was OK unless the lecturer got everyone to click at once. No Flash and big images in late 1990s.
    Also unlike analogue dialup, Ripwave, EDGE, 3G/HSPA etc there is no errors on ISDN, fixed latency and constant speed then with no contention. With dialup to NT server for remote Sage accounts we clocked 200kbps on tests of 128k ISDN with NT PPP link compression on.

Mobile & Ripwave is a poorer at times ISDN replacement. Not Broadband. Navini actually originally marketed early Ripwave tech as ISDN Wireless Loop.

Advertisement