Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex won't give items back

Options
  • 05-03-2009 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Broke up with Ex a few months ago. Best thing that ever happened.

He still has items belonging to me that I want to get back - namely photographs of two to my best friends weddings. I had some really nice shots and group photos that none of my friends got.

I have asked him numerous times to return them attached to email but he won't reply to say if he has them or not.

Is there anything I could do to get them back at this stage?

I am really annoyed about this cos I want to get on with my life and i know he is simply doing this to keep a loose link with me. He knows i really want them back. He has already befriended a friend of mine and asks how I am and what i am up to which I am not happy about and that has affected my realtionship with her and her partner. I don't want to be in any way involved with him and I certainly don't want contacting him in one/two/three months time again looking for them.

Advice please.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

You sound like a bit of a drama queen to be honest!
    You say hes the one trying to keep a link with you yet you keep pestering him for a few photos? Surely they can be THAT important?
    Also you say he asked a friend how you are doing, and you say that it is affecting your relationship with her and her partner? I dont see how!
    So he doesnt want to attach a couple of photos to an email for you! suck it up and move on!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Give up on getting the photos. How important can they be? If you want shot of the guy, and it matters a lot that you have no more contact, then just have no more contact. The photos are probably nice, but they are only photos. Tbh, sounds to me like theres two people here trying to wring something from the remains of this relationship. You may not want to get back with him, but do you have a point to score still?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There are about 40 photos and more. They are important to me. Maybe not to some people but they are to me. I know the type of character he is and him being in touch with my friend is trouble cos he concocts alot of untrue stories and stirs trouble for me.

OK thanks guys. I'll just make loss of them then. He's not worth the trouble. Shame about he photos though! Ha ha Good advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well then tell you friends how he is being a prick about this and get them to ask him and put pressure on him to hand over the photos, such doors swing both ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Poloman

Get the photos off someone else. Problem solved. Move on.

Its possible for exes to be friends with the same people and its normal for people to be curious about each other. You shouldnt care that he is asking about you if you feel its the best thing that ever happened. So forget about the stupid photos you have you whole life to take new ones.

Thanks Poloman - I'm not going to bother trying to get them now. He's just trying to get my back up as normal. Took me writing this thread to relaise it. Yes i have lots of new things and new people to take pictures of! Happy days :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 OksanaLV

Hi OP, you're friend sounds like a right prick but I think you should get the photos from him from a third party, a friend of his. You are not being petty or bitter in demanding them back. Those photos mean the world to you so they are valuable. It sounds like he dumped you right?

A similar thing happened to a good friend of mine who got dumped by his girlfriend some months ago (she cheated on him) and he demanded back the birthday present that he had given her. I thought he was being petty at the time but when he told me the circumstances I guess he was right given the betrayal.

OP, get your photos back. If they mean the world to you.... move heaven and earth to get them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Agreed - the ex is being a tw*t for not giving you back your stuff. Seriously it's not that difficult to just be civil and return someones things. I'd be annoyed too. But if he's going to be a sod about it I guess there's not much you can do. Except know that you're better than him and as you said - new things and new people to take pictures of! Altho that mutual friend - I'd fill her in on his behaviour towards you. Maybe ask her to tell him that she heard he won't give back the pictures & why not etc?

Advertisement