Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to do Audio & Video Distribution over cat 5?

Options
  • 05-03-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I want to remote control and receive audio and video over cat 5 from a decoder without an RF output. The only outputs available are HDMI, RCA or Scart

I know I could use a transponder and over coaxial. The cat 5 cable is in situ and I think I would get better quality with the cat 5

Please recommend some kit

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

You can get HDMI over CAT5 baluns that will let you do the video and audio but you would have to fined something else for remote control.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Homer

I've used this before and it does HDMI and IR over two Cat5.

Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I have a similar question so rather than starting a new thread.

Can I run Component HD over cat 5? I have a sky HD box and approx 40ft away another LCD TV. I plan on ordering a set(pair) of RGB connectors and and pair of stereo audio connectors and soldering them to each end of 2 sets of cat5, has anyone tried this before or do I need some sort of booster?

Thanks for you help, if anyone has links to somewhere I can buy half decent connectors that would be appreciated too.
    Thanks.

Advertisement