Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalu offer this week

Options
  • 05-03-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭

Buy mince at half price, get onions and mushrooms for free! Excellent offer.

Also Dunnes have a half price meat sale on too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Is it that manky pre-packed stuff or at the butcher counter???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Yep the manky pre packed stuff!!

Not really a bargain then......

yukkie stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

dlambirl wrote: »
    Not really a bargain then......

yukkie stuff

Boil it first and drain off the fat this should be done with all mince

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Just to point out, unless you ask your butcher to mince round steak (or whatever meat you fancy) right in front of your eyes, you don't know what quality of meat is in mince. And even saying that, god knows what could be stuck in the mincer. You could get your own mincer and mince the meat yourself

(for those who really care-I personally don't and find this mince fine for cooking)

Sheessh you post up something and all you get is negitivity:confused::confused::(:(;);)(I presume you farm your own animals, slaughter and mince them yourselves:pac::pac:)

• Advertisement

awh i know, i;m only messing. i've used it a few times but would prefer it from a butchers counter. It looks different firstly and cooks more fluffier and less stringy but thats not to say that the prepacked stuff isnt good either. Sure god knows what any butcher is putting into it - i know that.......i just dont like to think about it!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

dlambirl wrote: »
    awh i know, i;m only messing. i've used it a few times but would prefer it from a butchers counter. It looks different firstly and cooks more fluffier and less stringy but thats not to say that the prepacked stuff isnt good either. Sure god knows what any butcher is putting into it - i know that.......i just dont like to think about it!! :P

I never think about what happens to meat before it hits my pan, otherwise I'd be a vegetarian!:cool::cool: This meat is round steak minced (according to label that is) so its not the cheap of the cheap stuff!! And at 2.34 for a pound of mince, big bag of onions and carton of mushies-you can't go wrong.

lindtee wrote: »
    I never think about what happens to meat before it hits my pan, otherwise I'd be a vegetarian!:cool::cool: This meat is round steak minced (according to label that is) so its not the cheap of the cheap stuff!! And at 2.34 for a pound of mince, big bag of onions and carton of mushies-you can't go wrong.

Not so bad then eh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭smodgley

AS the saying goes '' you can please some of the people.''..............etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

smodgley wrote: »
    AS the saying goes '' you can please some of the people.''..............etc etc

Yes, please do continue...

/Obscure Anchorman reference.

Its not that bad, lash it into a chilli and you won't notice. Be inventive people, its cheap, its cheerful, and its a damn good deal!

Problem with this country is that we've gotten too picky. Pre Italia '90, we wouldn't have had this snobbery. Now its all Mocha Frappachinos and Kobe beef.

• Advertisement
Advertisement