Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looks to me like a scam...

Options
  • 04-03-2009 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/electrical-goods-for-sale_1958_1.html

All the laptops for ~250-300€ for today :D Some worth more than €1500

This has to be a scam, so I wrote to them just for the craic :)

What I got back:
    Hello again,
    I move with my family in London because I changed the job. Thus, we can not close the deal in london. If you are ready to purchase my item using the carrier TransportEX Let me explain how this works:
    1. You must send your information (name, full address)
    2. Will send the item to you
    3. The transport company will contact all the details about shipping and payment method.
    4. You have 3 days to send the money to the company
    5. The money is kept at the carrier until you get the package
    6. In 3-4 days you will receive the packet
    7. If you have problems with the product or if you wish, you can retuned back to the transport company and that will give you your money back.
    If you are interested and want to continue this, please contact me with your shipping information so you can start the delivery.

I was almost tempted till I seen this :( :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

If it looks like a scam and sounds too good to be true then it's probably a scam.

I wouldn't buy it.

Advertisement