Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insomnia: any sandwich+any coffe=€5

Options
  • 04-03-2009 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

like it sez, pretty decent when you consider most of their sambos are 4.95 so you're getting yer grande latte for 5 cent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Bambi wrote: »
    like it sez, pretty decent when you consider most of their sambos are 4.95 so you're getting yer grande latte for 5 cent.

€5 is hardly a bargain for a sandwich and coffee:(

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Haven't eaten there or had their coffee. Not to go off topic, but it's important. What's their food and coffee like? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Morgans

Coffee is ok. Not the best, not the worst. An Insomnia is closest to work.

However, you can buy some sandwiches for the "bargain" price of €5.25. (Prawn and avacado maybe, or Club sandwich)

So its actually want one of these, it worth your while to buy a coffee and leave it at the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I preferred the previous 3 for 2 offer on anything they had, a sandwich, drink and cake could be had for ~€6.50

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I really like their coffee, never get sandwiches in these places as they are always overpriced. But may look at this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Food is nice and the sandwhich I get cost 4.95 usually so it really is a good deal. Coffee is good but I go for the hot chocolate which, at the risk of putting my sexuality in doubt, is absolutely devine...

Good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sandwiches are nice but overpriced, they used to be nicer, the coffee is better than most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I've found they tend to be picky on what "sandwiches" you can have for the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Don't forget you can convert the tesco vouchers to four times their face value and use them in Insomnia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jaffa20

sue97 wrote: »
    Don't forget you can convert the tesco vouchers to four times their face value and use them in Insomnia.

What???:eek: I have a 2.50euro tesco voucher. What do you mean 4 times their face value? I love insomnia coffee. Much nicer than Starbucks muck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Get to M&S and get a Sambo, Packet of crisps and a solf drink for €2.75

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jaffa20 wrote: »
    What???:eek: I have a 2.50euro tesco voucher. What do you mean 4 times their face value? I love insomnia coffee. Much nicer than Starbucks muck!

Tesco clubcard 'Deals'

[Linky] - Insomnia offer

One thing i found is you get a €10 voucher but it has to be spent all in one go, with no change.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Coffee is just about drinkable in my opinion. Probably of a similar standard to Starbuck's coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    €5 is hardly a bargain for a sandwich and coffee:(

I availed of this offer the other day, before the discount the coffee and sandwich bill was €8.25, €5 is reasonable compared with that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

sunnyside wrote: »
    I availed of this offer the other day, before the discount the coffee and sandwich bill was €8.25, €5 is reasonable compared with that.

Still doesn't come near a bargain. €8.25 is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Aah, I remember when people raved about Bewleys coffee - a pot of coffee left to 'stew' on heat for hours until the flask was empty.

Now coffee snobs have emerged to rival wine snobs.

I get a grande Americano from Insomnia as a pre-work Friday treat. I noticed this morning that if you avail of the €5 offer, they won't stamp your 'loyalty' card.

Curious way to build loyalty :rolleyes: ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,766 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Jev/N wrote: »
    I've found they tend to be picky on what "sandwiches" you can have for the deal

i doesn't apply to paninis (which are about 6.50 on their own) but seems to apply to all other sandwiches & rolls and all coffees (including the large size).

Yes, coffee shops in general are overpriced, but compared to their normal prices, €5 is a substantial discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

TarfHead wrote: »

Now coffee snobs have emerged to rival wine snobs.

too true :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

whiterebel wrote: »

I don't understand why you feel its a disgrace ?????
    How much is a Big Mac meal ????
    Is that a disgrace ?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

About €5 though it's not like I go buying them regularly.

€5 is a bit steep for a sandwiches that are generally quite miserable filling wise in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

whiterebel wrote: »

True, I avoid buying coffee and sandwiches because a dinner can usually be purchased for €10. I know it was €8.25 because I was checking the receipt to see how much I was saving.

claiva wrote: »
    I don't understand why you feel its a disgrace ?????
    How much is a Big Mac meal ????
    Is that a disgrace ?:eek:

I go to coffee shops a lot but very rarely McDonalds but that is true, it costs the same as coffee shop food (apart from the eurosaver menu).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gruck

It's a great deal for some sandwiches. The crawfish and rocket one is delicious, normally costs over 5 yoyos on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

TarfHead wrote: »
    I noticed this morning that if you avail of the €5 offer, they won't stamp your 'loyalty' card.

Curious way to build loyalty :rolleyes: ?

this was NOT the case any time i have gotten this offer in ballsbridge or camden street

Advertisement