Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fried My Motherboard

Options
  • 04-03-2009 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Couple of questions!

What could have caused this?

Could I take my HD out and out it in a new laptop and basically turn the new one back into my old one?

Laptop was 1 and 1/2 years old - any chance of comeback on it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

How do you know your motherbaords fried exactly? What symptoms does the laptop present when turned on?
    You *can* swap out your old hard drive into a new laptop, and perform a repair to the operating system (ie. XP or Vista) and still retain functionality but you would more than likely have to reinstall some or all of your programs if you did this. Better to just buy a usb hard drive enclosure and copy your old data on to a new laptop...assuming that your laptop is in fact dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

My father has brought it to a repair shop and they confirmed it.
    Unfortunately I wasnt there so couldnt ask these questions.

If you did keep the old HD could you buy a laptop with Ubunto (cheaper) and keep old version of Vista. No point otherwise if you have reinstall most things.

Advertisement