Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Universal Remote Control

Options

Comments

You can pick up universal remotes for 2 euro in pound shops.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^true...but this one looks a bit better equiped and with an LCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭konline

Yes, it's a nice one. I am using it for a TV, Sky box and a DVD player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gruck

Is there a brand/model number on the remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

I think it's Silvercrest brand.

I got one and have set it up for TV, SAT and DVD. All works well, but for some reason I can only get the DVD enter function to work on the DVR setting and all other DVD functions on the DVD function. Weird!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

Link's not working - when was this out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Think it came out yesterday, picked one up myself. decent quality with lcd and keys light up too. Does not come with batteries so pick yourself up 4 x AAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭konline

It was out on Monday. You will not see it today as the page will be replaced with new items on Thursday.
    Go to any Lidl store, hopefully a few will be available still.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

plenty left in the corks st store in dublin anyways so lots there last night

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

This is a great remote control, this latest one is the most sturdiest and well built yet. It may be no "one-for-all", but you're not paying "one-for-all" money for it either.

If you have trouble getting it paired with a device, the "learn" function is very good.

This remote control doesnt even nearly compare to the 2Euro shops remotes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pat the Baker

i bought one a while back and it stopped working after a month, so not that good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Sappy404

They had plenty left in Lidl on Moore st last night (Thurs). No sign of those HDMI cables though : (

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I'm thrilled with mine. The LCD is a bit faint and hard to see when look right at it but that may be the 2nd hand batteries I'm using.
    It's a pure mans remote, beefy and loads of buttons! Looks like it could control a battlestar or something. And it lights up bright red. The navigatioon buttons make a click sound which can be a bit annoying if you are browsing the tv guide etc...
    For 8 euros you can't go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Bill-e wrote: »
    I'm thrilled with mine. The LCD is a bit faint and hard to see when look right at it but that may be the 2nd hand batteries I'm using.
    It's a pure mans remote, beefy and loads of buttons! Looks like it could control a battlestar or something. And it lights up bright red. The navigatioon buttons make a click sound which can be a bit annoying if you are browsing the tv guide etc...
    For 8 euros you can't go wrong

Aye, dead happy with mine.
    It picked up my DVD player and TV no probs, with no setup. And was even able to teach it one of my tv buttons that it didn't recognise.
    It managed to pick up one of my other devices by the autosearch, which was superb!
    I have an media player, just need to get that up and running and I'm good to go.

Don't like the click either, but I think I'll get over that.

Cheers OP! Saved me a €100+ on the Logitech Harmony One in these recessionary times............................. although I think I'll get one of them in the future :D

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

has anyone had success tuning in new analogue channels with these remotes. The last (not lidl) remote i bought was fine for channels/volume , but was missing the required keys/compatibility to get into the setup/tuning.

Rooy wrote: »
    has anyone had success tuning in new analogue channels with these remotes. The last (not lidl) remote i bought was fine for channels/volume , but was missing the required keys/compatibility to get into the setup/tuning.

You can use any button and train it to do something else.
    IIRC I went into the Universal Remote setup, went through a couple of option, pointed the two remotes at each other and pressed the button on the old remote. That did the trick.

Hope that answer your question?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

johnp wrote: »
    You can use any button and train it to do something else.
    IIRC I went into the Universal Remote setup, went through a couple of option, pointed the two remotes at each other and pressed the button on the old remote. That did the trick.

Hope that answer your question?

thanks for the reply jp , the old one has packed in though so the pointing wont be an option. At this price i think i will pick one up anyway and give it a go. ,cheers!

Would it be possible to get this controlling an original xbox with xbmc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Would it be possible to get this controlling an original xbox with xbmc?

Wouldn't you need one of those eye thingys for receiving the IR signal which plugs into the xbox?

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Wouldn't you need one of those eye thingys for receiving the IR signal which plugs into the xbox?

oh yes sorry I have one of those already :o I should have said!!

• Advertisement

Rooy wrote: »
    thanks for the reply jp , the old one has packed in though so the pointing wont be an option. At this price i think i will pick one up anyway and give it a go. ,cheers!

No probs. As you said, for 8 euro it's worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 owen247

Hi does nyone know what brand to choose for the NTL DVR digital tv box? I got this remote and it works well so far dor tv, dvd, amplifier... but I don't know what brand to choose to program my ntl box.
    The learn function is good but I don't want to have to teach it every key one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Just wanted to say this is a pretty brilliant remote for the €8 it costs. It has a lot of features I associate with more expensive products (like a learning function for no-name or very old equipment).

I got one for my parents who have a no-name LCD TV, and the learn function works a treat (well, once I read the manual and started to do it properly :o). Works instantly (via code) with name brand products (e.g. sky-box).

Has a pretty decent 'Macro' function (i.e. does multiple things with just one button push) and lights up cool. Most of the buttons are comfortable enough to use.

I have a Logitech Harmony One which cost more then ten times as much and I still went and bought another one of these to have as back-up for my own setup. It's just a nice, cheap remote whose great functionality is not reflected in its price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

got one today in Greystones looking forward to giving it a spin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

got 3 yesterday, they had loads in stock on parnell street dublin 1. as presents, i think they are interesting.

the remote auto searched and found my mirai tv

had to make it learn the satellite receiver function (learn keys)

and im waiting for my vista pc to get in so i can try the windows media centre function.

all in all, i think they are bargain for the money

Advertisement