Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google maps - print?

Options
  • 04-03-2009 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I think this question fits into this section.

Google maps - is it cool to print them on, lets say, a customers 1000 flyers, to show location of their premises? With goolge logo of course.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Dabko wrote: »
    I think this question fits into this section.

Google maps - is it cool to print them on, lets say, a customers 1000 flyers, to show location of their premises? With goolge logo of course.

Any ideas?

Yea, it’s cool – if you want Google over you like a dose of salts!

It infringes their copyright policy [which I’d say after spending a few Bill – they are a little sensitive about]

You need 'prior permission'

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

blue4ever wrote: »
    Yea, it’s cool – if you want Google over you like a dose of salts!

It infringes their copyright policy [which I’d say after spending a few Bill – they are a little sensitive about]

You need 'prior permission'

C

Thought that alright. Only after reading your reply, someone pointed this out to me - http://www.google.com/permissions/geoguidelines.html

It appears i can print the google map as long as i display the google logo clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Dont jump in yet...

From Google Q+A

I would like to use Google Maps and Google Earth for commercial fee-based printing. How do I get permission?
    Unfortunately, we do not have rights to grant you permission to use Google Maps and Google Earth in this manner. If you have a special request or additional questions, please fill out the Geo Permissions form.

http://www.google.com/permissions/geoguidelines.html

Its a well to be cautious on this one esp for the customers sake

Advertisement