Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL 2009 season on tv in Ireland?

Options
  • 04-03-2009 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭

hola folks,
    never posted in this forum before but am seriously enthusiastic about Rugby league and NRL in particular. In 2008 I timed a trip to Australia so as to catch the start of the season and as many games as I could manage in a 3 week period.

Anyway, I'm not seeing any mention of the '09 season up on the Setanta Sports web site and have emailed them without success. I know Sky show the UK games but for an Aussie living in Ireland, it's not quite in the same League :p

So, anyone know whether we'll get to see the season live on tv in Ireland?

Many thanks,
    Mick

Go Roosters!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Welcome :)

Wikipedia still has Setanta listed as broadcasting in the UK and Ireland, so fingers crossed that's accurate. There's no mention at all on the Setanta site, can't remember if there used to be.

Sorry I can't be more help, goddamnit Setanta are annoying me a lot lately, this may be the last straw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

thanks a million for the feedback and stuff.
    it would be a major disappointment if it was not shown over here. Prior to getting Setanta sports on my tv I'd been downloading torrents of games via aussietorrents but it's not the same when not live.

Anyway, fingers crossed for sure.
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Setanta are showing NRL games this season...pretty good coverage too. 2-3 games a weekend. Cannot bleedin' wait.

First game is the Broncos V roosters being shown live at 9:30 am on Friday 13th March on setanta sports 1

Nice one :) Where'd ya find that?

oh that would be sweet.

I grew up and played my school boy footy in the eastern suburbs so a Roosters game to get things going will be perfect.

thanks again

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Nice one :) Where'd ya find that?

http://www.setanta.com/uk/TV-Listings/

Click 'next week', check out Friday 13th

facepalm1.jpg

old gregg wrote: »

Go Roosters!! :)

Souths man meself Mick, well at least we can hardly do any worse than last year...sigh....promises to be a cracking season, can't wait.

yea I'd love to see Souths back at the sharp end of the competition again. For old skool footy fans it's just not the same without the Rabbitohs competing in the finals.

For me the Cowboys were the big disappointment of '08.

old gregg wrote: »
    yea I'd love to see Souths back at the sharp end of the competition again. For old skool footy fans it's just not the same without the Rabbitohs competing in the finals.

For me the Cowboys were the big disappointment of '08.

+1 all round...reckon its going to be one hell of a close competiton this year. Couldn't even begin to call it...mouthwatering

• Advertisement

imagine if the Parra boys came out and played to their potential, crikey now that would be a sight to see

Advertisement