Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickoffice Premier 6.0 for Nokia 5800

Options
  • 03-03-2009 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me with certainty if this version of Quickoffice is compatible with the Nokia 5800? I have read on some websites that it is and on others that it isn't. On the Quickoffice website ( http://www.quickoffice.com/quickoffice_symbian/ ) when I click on the Buy button it just keeps recycling the above page and there is no option to move on with the purchase...

Just for clarity, it's the full version I am looking for, where you can create, edit and view MS Office documents. I am aware that I can access a "view only" version but that is not what I am after...

Thanks in advance...

Head

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Bump. Anyone?
    Head wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me with certainty if this version of Quickoffice is compatible with the Nokia 5800? I have read on some websites that it is and on others that it isn't. On the Quickoffice website ( http://www.quickoffice.com/quickoffice_symbian/ ) when I click on the Buy button it just keeps recycling the above page and there is no option to move on with the purchase...

Just for clarity, it's the full version I am looking for, where you can create, edit and view MS Office documents. I am aware that I can access a "view only" version but that is not what I am after...

Thanks in advance...

Head

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭swampy353

if you go to the download app on the menu you can download it. It is in the apps folder , down towards the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

swampy353 wrote: »
    if you go to the download app on the menu you can download it. It is in the apps folder , down towards the end

But isn't that the view-only version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Download the app, go into new document and their is an option to purchase.

flodis79 wrote: »
    But isn't that the view-only version?

Yes it is...
    Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Download the app, go into new document and their is an option to purchase.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that, but in any case I noticed yesterday that they had updated the website to include a trial version of QO6, so I downloaded it and during the install it said that it wasn't compatible with my phone, so I guess I have the answer to my original question!

QO6 will probably be updated to include the 5800 as time goes on I suppose...

Thanks for the replies.

Head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sghidossi

I've installed the QuickOffice Premier 6.0 on my Nokia 5800 ExpressMusic but only SpreedSheets works. If you try to edit a Word document or a presentation you can not display the keybord ... so you are not able to modify the document.

You can not also browse your folders with the application to open the documents, but you can do it with the FileManager of the phone.

SOME TIPS & TRICKS

TO OPEN DOCUMENTS

Use the FileManager of your phone
    -Applications
    -FileManager
    Browse your folders (to find the document) and double-tap it. (it will be opened with QuickOffice)

TO EDIT CELLS ON SPREADSHEET
    - QuickOffice
    - New Document (or open one)
    - Spreadsheet
    - Select the Cell to modify
    - Options
    - Edit Cell
    - Tap on the EditLine (at the bottom of the screen) and the KeyBoar appear!
    - Edit the text (and confirm)
    - Options
    - Accept changes

PRESENTATIONS

You can edit only the “Default Title” not the “Default Body” and if you insert a picture you can not move it because the main “Edit slide” can not support the touch screen function.

- QuickOffice
    - New Document
    - Presentation
    - Options
    - Edit TextBox
    - Edit Text
    - Tap on the text and the KeyBoar appear!
    - Edit the text (and confirm)
    - Option
    - Accept changes

I wasn't able to even get as far as installing it when I tried the other week. Maybe it has been updated again since. I'll try and report back at some stage...

Head

Advertisement