Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP PAVILION TX1000 MOTHERBOARD REPLACEMENT...

Options
  • 03-03-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey, only have this laptop 13 months, its out of warranty. Got quote from hp for 400e +, thats too much. Anyone know a place in Dublin where I can get it done cheaper??
    Cheers.:rolleyes:..... TX1000.... sorry...

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Fixed the title for you;)
    Can i ask what exactly is wrong with the laptop? And how you arrived at the motherboard as the problem? Just curious...

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭witzky

cheers for that.
    well when i turn on the laptop all the lights turn on an you can hear the fan going, but thats it. No start up screen nothing. Rang HP ,Tech guy went through few steps and he told me it was the motherboard. need it for college so want it done pretty soon. I want to see if the cost of replacing out ways buying a new one.
    Thanks for quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Were one of those "few steps" removing the ram one stick at a time? What exactly did he talk you through?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭witzky

no nothing like that. just told me to try and start it up different ways, with battery, just with charger, press few F keys etc.. but i took the ram out and put back in and still not working.:confused:

Advertisement