Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a monitor for ipoker - question...

Options
  • 03-03-2009 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a new monitor. Can anyone tell me what resolution I'll need to run 6 tables of ipoker without any overlap? Any recommendations on a monitor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

26inch widescreen 1920 x 1200 should do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

26inch widescreen 1920 x 1200 should do the trick
    noel, do you know the exact pixel dimensions of an ipoker table?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

A full size ipoker table is 800x600, (I have a 20" 1600x1200 and 4 completely fill it) so Noel's optimistic in saying no overlap on a 1920x1200.

edit I haven't tried it (or read the whole thread), but maybe this software would be worth a look? http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/ipoker-minimaxmod-resize-your-minitables-much-more-343880/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

1920x1200 will let you have 4 with minimal overlap (on the bottom/top of 2 of the tables), and you can just about manage 6 without huge overlapping, but there will be overlapping. Mini tables or another site, or heaven forbid and iPoker get their finger out WRT re-sizeable tables.

This was posted in the BBV thread the other day, I'm thinking about getting a couple, http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/632174/art/acer/x243w-24-wide-format-tft.html Looks good value, but I'm no expert and I'd love someone to say if this is crap or decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

This is a 26" samsung, think i paid around 350 for it, if you are interested in it, i can get the full details, this is mini view, with full 6 size tables there is a slight overlap.

pics 193.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

would buying a good 32inch tv be an idea considering their drop in price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

This if you can justify the price. If you have lots of fpps on stars it can be got there too.

Ipoker tables look like this on 1920x1200 moniter

Full Size
    MiniView

Ste's right. My error. Full size tables are bigger than 800x600, more like 800x640 or 650.

Unfortunately the resolution isn't high enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

here is a pic of 6 tables of ipoker on a 1920x1200.

192012006tables.jpg

There is a lot of overlap and is not really worth it. No overlap has such a nice feeling to it it's worth the exytra $'s spent. The next resolution up is a big price jump.

Alternatively you could drop your resolution to 1600-1200 or even lower and play 6 mini views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

ordered a 24inch 1920X1200 samsung. should fit 6 everest tables easy enough. they're 640x480 mini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

This is a 26" samsung, think i paid around 350 for it, if you are interested in it, i can get the full details, this is mini view, with full 6 size tables there is a slight overlap.

pics 193.jpg

Sweet, how do u get the tables to show on the big screen and the lobby & websites to show on the laptop?

thanks

philip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Miniview >>>> overlap

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Instead of splurging on one monitor with an insane resolution, only to be somewhat disappointed in there still being some overlap, why not go for a dual monitor set up? It will also give you that slightest bit more room for you to put all kinds of crap on (like MSN)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

I'll buy it for you as a present if you like Flipper

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Well Nicky, if you're buying, then two of these will fit the bill nicely.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Instead of splurging on one monitor with an insane resolution, only to be somewhat disappointed in there still being some overlap, why not go for a dual monitor set up? It will also give you that slightest bit more room for you to put all kinds of crap on (like MSN)

Yep. Totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Grafter wrote: »
    Unfortunately the resolution isn't high enough.

I just bought a 32" with 1920 x 1080 pixels for just less than €500 delivered.
    It's primary purpose is a TV in my room, with the added benefit of doubling as a dual monitor for my laptop when I need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

Monitor%20Setup.jpg

Would a set up like this suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Learn to use mini-tables, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Rakeline

Monitor%20Setup.jpg

Would a set up like this suffice?

Nice! v jealous

Dont play ipoker but you should have atleas 1800x1200 res they usually come 1920x1200. imo if you can afford 12-1500 go get a 30'' monitor(not tv) its all you'll ever need. make sure teh res is 1800x1200 or over

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

Rakeline wrote: »
    Nice! v jealous

Dont play ipoker but you should have atleas 1800x1200 res they usually come 1920x1200. imo if you can afford 12-1500 go get a 30'' monitor(not tv) its all you'll ever need. make sure teh res is 1800x1200 or over

If you need more info check this link..

Look At This

I think the owner may be selling:D

Advertisement