Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non standard clays (and even the exploding ones)

Options
  • 03-03-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Anyone know where to get the other types of clays avaialable. just want to get a box or two to have a bit of variety. only ever shot the standard 110mm clay, would like to try stacking a mini and a standard, or a battue, maybe even the ones that give of a puff of dust when hit (even thought they're still a standard).

Anywhere in ulster would be my regular stompin ground.

These ones here are where i'm getting the idea
    CCI CLAYS
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

donal mc cloy ,hollow farm .but your trap will not throw them unless you can adjust it .
    the arm will go over the battue and smash the smaller ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭.50 (MOA)

Since i built the trap myself it shouldn't be a problem, and i have another started last weekend, so i can make it so that it will work. just need a spring now:rolleyes:

Is it not possible to stack a mini and a standard then? i thought it was. seen it on some american site selling a quarter cock trap that could do everything even rabbits and sringing teal. and what is it that you mean when you say "the arm will go over the battue"? surely if the disc is held top and bottom in the arm it will fly out the same way as the standard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

.50 (MOA) wrote: »
    Since i built the trap myself it shouldn't be a problem, and i have another started last weekend, so i can make it so that it will work. just need a spring now:rolleyes:

Is it not possible to stack a mini and a standard then? i thought it was. seen it on some american site selling a quarter cock trap that could do everything even rabbits and sringing teal. and what is it that you mean when you say "the arm will go over the battue"? surely if the disc is held top and bottom in the arm it will fly out the same way as the standard
    off a single arm at the same time ,dont think so

stacked or nested pairs

this is the video from the company that makes the trap i mentioned before about 50 seconds in shows what i think is a mini and a standard nested with the mini inside the standard, and thrown off one arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Yup,

A 90- will pack perfectly within a standard.

Only throw this combo from a manual trap, will definitely not work with an automatic trap.

• Advertisement

Thanks, will definitely be trying it.

Don't worry it'll be a long time before i have an automatic trap, manual is as far as my self build abilities reach. but if i saw an automatic trap working who knows what i could end up doing.:cool:

Advertisement