Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange thing that I think might be paranormal

Options
  • 03-03-2009 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

Ok so it might be the drugs I'm on or the fact that I've laryngitis & can't really speak

Anyway, I'm sitting in my house today....doing the whole minding myself thing,sofa, tea etc

So out the corner of my eye, I keep getting a glance of something & keep sensing something in the corner.

I should mention that I have a medium friend who has before said she thought there was something in that corner

I kept trying to 'tune' into it but no such luck

This has never ever happened in my house before,it's normally very humdrum

what do you guys think?

LB

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Check for sources of infrasound

An air conditioner, extraction fan, perhaps even what was on tv/radiio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Thanks,

I thought it might be something like that so I checked what I could but nothing obvious comes to mind...maybe I just need to leave it until the morning to be sure it's not drug induced

LB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

if you are overtired you will see things from the corner of your eyes like that

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Thanks Danny,

I thought of that so I blinked a few times just in case...

funny thing is I still sense it this morning,even after a night's sleep

LB

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Is it near a window?

If you just go with your gut, what do you think it is, LB?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hey ladybirdirl,

This medium friend wouldn't be yourself would it? ;)

How did you check for infrasound?

You could charge in for investigations make some extra cash.

Do you think it's friendly?

I hope you like my fragmented post, it's a new style I'm working on.

Evning all,

OK update

Stoner - love the new posting style, quite like my own;)

No the medium wasn't me, I'm not a medium, I only wish ...well I think I wish

I did think of having an investigation but that would involve cleaning said house & changing out of trackie bottoms which are surprisingly comfy for watching daytime TV...anyway I digress

I think it might be a person type hanging around me but whoever they are they are just standing back so obviously they don't have a definitive message yet, they're just keeping an eye on me...which is quite nice is a bit of a creepy way.

I'm sort of getting used to him/her/it ..that maybe a sign that I need to go back to work or get a cat or something

Oh & to check for infrasound....it was very rudimentary I'm afraid & may not have even worked but ah well I gave it a go anyway

First off, I don't have any a/c or anything like that in the room,just laptop,printer, TV,DVD & Wii.
    So first I put the sound down low & sat beside everything to see if I could feel anything which I couldn't.
    Then I put a knife on top of each electrical item to see if anything was vibrating which it wasn't
    Finally I brought in the neighbour's dog to see if he got agitated in the room but he just sat around so he wasn't bothered obviously.
    Oh & I checked all the cables & stuff to see if there was any fraying/damage/anything like that...again nothing.

So it may have been a dud check but nothing seemed to jump out or anything. Also from what I've read since infrasound can make you upset/agitated & I'm not agitated at all..in fact the room is very calm...again that could be the drugs :)

oh & it's not near the window, it's in the corner furthest away from the window.
    the strange thing is there is nothing historical in the area..no raving lunatic banshee on anything which is a bummer. The house is only 13ish years old & isn't an organic build or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pamela111

I should mention that I have a medium friend

Out of curiousity who does your medium friend think is giving her these powers? And what do her powers entail? :confused:

Evning all,

OK update

Stoner - love the new posting style, quite like my own;)

No the medium wasn't me, I'm not a medium, I only wish ...well I think I wish

I did think of having an investigation but that would involve cleaning said house & changing out of trackie bottoms which are surprisingly comfy for watching daytime TV...anyway I digress

I think it might be a person type hanging around me but whoever they are they are just standing back so obviously they don't have a definitive message yet, they're just keeping an eye on me...which is quite nice is a bit of a creepy way.

I'm sort of getting used to him/her/it ..that maybe a sign that I need to go back to work or get a cat or something

Oh & to check for infrasound....it was very rudimentary I'm afraid & may not have even worked but ah well I gave it a go anyway

First off, I don't have any a/c or anything like that in the room,just laptop,printer, TV,DVD & Wii.
    So first I put the sound down low & sat beside everything to see if I could feel anything which I couldn't.
    Then I put a knife on top of each electrical item to see if anything was vibrating which it wasn't
    Finally I brought in the neighbour's dog to see if he got agitated in the room but he just sat around so he wasn't bothered obviously.
    Oh & I checked all the cables & stuff to see if there was any fraying/damage/anything like that...again nothing.

So it may have been a dud check but nothing seemed to jump out or anything. Also from what I've read since infrasound can make you upset/agitated & I'm not agitated at all..in fact the room is very calm...again that could be the drugs :)

oh & it's not near the window, it's in the corner furthest away from the window.
    the strange thing is there is nothing historical in the area..no raving lunatic banshee on anything which is a bummer. The house is only 13ish years old & isn't an organic build or anything.

I would seriously advise you to stop this at once. Get yourself a blessed crucifix and some Holy water. Also, get to confession and confess this to a priest. This is terrible stuff. I cannot beleive that sensible people dabble in this activity. :(

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Pamela111 wrote: »
    I would seriously advise you to stop this at once. Get yourself a blessed crucifix and some Holy water. Also, get to confession and confess this to a priest. This is terrible stuff. I cannot beleive that sensible people dabble in this activity. :(
    All sorts post here, of all creeds and beliefs. You need to accept that others have belief systems that differ to yours, and may not hold the same faith in holy water and the catholic religion that you do.

Oryx wrote: »
    All sorts post here, of all creeds and beliefs. You need to accept that others have belief systems that differ to yours, and may not hold the same faith in holy water and the catholic religion that you do.

I don't see Jusus as a faith, more as a fact but I know what you mean, especially if one loses their faith in God and His church.

Take it from me there are a lot of dangerous things being experimented on here, Im only posting this up as help, not to make myself into anything as I am a human with my own struggles.

I just think that those dabbling in such stuff should take a step back and investigate Christianity and despite the recent reputation, the Catholic faith and sacrements.

Thats what I can say anyway from my own opinions and experiences. This kind of stuff is being promoted everywhere from street corners to Internet/TV etc but its my belief that people are experimenting with the dark side. The effects of these activities on one's brain and on society in general could be very negative.

God bless everyone. :):):)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Also from what I've read since infrasound can make you upset/agitated & I'm not agitated at all..in fact the room is very calm...again that could be the drugs :)

That's my (limited) understanding of infrasound as well, that it leads to more of a feeling or sense, not seeing something.

What exactly is it you see? A shape/outline,light,dark,just a movement etc? Also I presume it's just this one spot in the house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Hey ladybird.

You have a good old(ish) level head on the shoulders, what is your gut feeling on this.

Pamela111 - thanks for your input...I'm not going to stop anything though, I'm not actively drawing anything, just checking things out around me.

Stevenmu...btw...where did you get that avatar...that's just odd. Yes it's just in one spot & all I see is a flicker of something moving.

Kshiel...less of the old woman you :) I'm in tip top condition (well tip top is such a subjective term given my health hehe)

I think it's perhaps some sort of guide/angel/some sort who is just hanging out,keepin an eye on me in case I try to burn myself again, you wouldn't believe the scrapes I get into on my own.... I don't mean burn in a self harm way, I mean burn in that I'm sitting so close to the fire trying to get warm that the rubber soles of my slippers start to smoke:rolleyes:

Anyhow..at the moment if there is someone there they are being fairly quiet..then I'm probably doing enough thinking & talkin for the both of us:D

Will keep y'all posted

Advertisement