Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampyres

Options
  • 03-03-2009 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

Real or attention seeking twats?
    vampyres.co.uk is a prime example.

Personally I find the whole thing amusing and will go out of my way to poke fun at them.

//_o <( My name is Raven )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

People all over the net are into strange things. This is just one of em.

Are they real as in undead bloodsucking allergic to daylight immortals? Wouldnt have thought so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

Porphyria: (poor-fear-E-a)
    An acute medical condition which has been postulated by some scholars to have inspired the vampire myths of the past. Sufferers of porphyria have pale, flaky skin and are very sensitive to sunlight. Their gums often recede excessively, giving their teeth an elongated and possibly fang-like appearance. Porphyria is caused by a deficiency in the enzyme which helps produce heme, a constituent of the blood which helps carry oxygen through the body. Dr. David Dolphin was the first to suggest that porphyria was the inspiration for at least some of the Mediaeval vampire myths, contending that some of the sufferers may have been driven to drinking blood in order to relieve their symptoms. As a result, the condition has come to be known in modern times as "the Vampire Disease". This appellation is very misleading, however, as porphyria only superficially resembles the vampirism of folklore and there is no supporting evidence to Dr. Dolphin's assertion that porphyria sufferers have been driven to drinking blood by their disease.

i reckon thats where it comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I've never personally met a vampire so I wouldn't know.

But personally... If I were such a creature, seeking attention is the last the thing I'd do. Has Buffy taught us NOTHING?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

it must be a huge lifestyle change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Any 'vampires' I've met in real life were attention-seeking teenagers, I have to say. But if that's how they want to live their lives, so be it. I can't say I know a whole lot about the vampire culture/scene , in fairness.

I don't think I'd go out of my way to make fun of them either. *shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 TheLastBaron

What a load of ****e...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Attention seeking so and so s as the OP postulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

OneArt wrote: »
    But personally... If I were such a creature, seeking attention is the last the thing I'd do. Has Buffy taught us NOTHING?

I dunno.. Yer man from the twilight book/movie is gettin his two cents worth out of it by attracting all the girls!Hes not even real but theres girls all over the world who are n love w/ this guy!! [EMAIL="B@stard"]B@stard[/EMAIL]! There are perks 2 being freakishly pale and unusual..... ;)

Just looked it up a bit more there. couldnt remember his name. The (fictional) guy is called Edward Cullen and girls who love him say they suffer from OCD- Obsessive Cullen Disorder
    he has jack sh!t to do wi these 'vampyres.co.uk' ppl,but the bloke who plays him,robert pattinson,is gettin skip-loads of attention these times. Girls screaming at him wherever he goes and everythin. Id say theres nothin at all wrong wit dressin up as one of these 'vampyre' types and bein attention seeking because it has its upside !!

• Advertisement

Just looked it up a bit more there. couldnt remember his name. The (fictional) guy is called Edward Cullen and girls who love him say they suffer from OCD- Obsessive Cullen Disorder
    he has jack sh!t to do wi these 'vampyres.co.uk' ppl,but the bloke who plays him,robert pattinson,is gettin skip-loads of attention these times. Girls screaming at him wherever he goes and everythin. Id say theres nothin at all wrong wit dressin up as one of these 'vampyre' types and bein attention seeking because it has its upside !!

But he's just a good-looking actor, nothing really to do with being a vampire.

Robert Pattinson is hot only to emo twelve-year-old girls who think they're too, like, dark and stuff for Zac Efron.

Acacia wrote: »
    But he's just a good-looking actor, nothing really to do with being a vampire.

he's a good-looking actor who happens 2 play a vampire in film- popularity by association.Girls werent going mental over him when he was Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movies but his babe magnet status went through the roof when he got involved n Twilight.As I said,girls are in love w/ the fictional character of Edward Cullen,and long before the movies were put into action and the actors were found.If u dont think a good looking bloke with any sort of association wit vampire stuff doesnt get more girls,look up Ville Valo from the Finnish emo band HIM. Hes alwys rambling on about drinking blood even though hes prob talkin through his arse and plays up the whole vampire look,and teenage (not just tweenagers) girls are OBSESSED wit this guy.
    Robert Pattinson is hot only to emo twelve-year-old girls who think they're too, like, dark and stuff for Zac Efron.

Pattinson isnt.Have u ever heard of 'Twilight moms' ? Twelve year-old's mothers are randy for him and all. :pac: I had a look at Alex Zane interviewin da cast at the UK premiere of the movie and by the looks of things,there were an awful lot of girls who looked much older than twelve screaming like fcuk at Pattinson.There were some hot girls on the red carpet and I wasnt sure who they were,but they def didnt look twelve,or emo. My sister(whos 20) is fckin ga ga over Pattinson and all her friends are da same.I asked her what the story is wit him all of a sudden and she said its only since he started playin a vampire that they all got the hots 4 him. Playin a vampire didnt do Stuart Townshend or brad pitt any harm either.

he's a good-looking actor who happens 2 play a vampire in film- popularity by association.Girls werent going mental over him when he was Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movies but his babe magnet status went through the roof when he got involved n Twilight.As I said,girls are in love w/ the fictional character of Edward Cullen,and long before the movies were put into action and the actors were found.If u dont think a good looking bloke with any sort of association wit vampire stuff doesnt get more girls,look up Ville Valo from the Finnish emo band HIM. Hes alwys rambling on about drinking blood even though hes prob talkin through his arse and plays up the whole vampire look,and teenage (not just tweenagers) girls are OBSESSED wit this guy.

Pattinson isnt.Have u ever heard of 'Twilight moms' ? Twelve year-old's mothers are randy for him and all. :pac: I had a look at Alex Zane interviewin da cast at the UK premiere of the movie and by the looks of things,there were an awful lot of girls who looked much older than twelve screaming like fcuk at Pattinson.There were some hot girls on the red carpet and I wasnt sure who they were,but they def didnt look twelve,or emo. My sister(whos 20) is fckin ga ga over Pattinson and all her friends are da same.I asked her what the story is wit him all of a sudden and she said its only since he started playin a vampire that they all got the hots 4 him. Playin a vampire didnt do Stuart Townshend or brad pitt any harm either.

I didn't mean his fans are all uniformly twelve or emo.

Yes, but he still conventionally good-looking. Girls like the vampire thing cuz it's a bit dangerous, a bit edgy, but still not quite threatening enough to be unattractive. Basically Pattinson's a goth-y Zac Efron. And therefore appeals to older girls ( in general) who are over the boyband thing, but don't fancy real men yet. I've been there!:pac:

I'm the same age as your sister-I don't get the attraction myself- he's way too feminine for my taste.

Edward Cullen's a pussy vampire. I mean, not eating humans? It's like a witch who doesn't do magic.

The best vampire in fiction has to be Miriam Blaylock from "The Hunger" by Whitley Strieber.

I didn't mean his fans are all uniformly twelve or emo.

Well what would "Robert Pattinson is hot only to emo twelve-year-old girls..." suggest other than u thinkin his fans are all uniformly twelve or emo ??? :confused:

Yes, but he still conventionally good-looking.

never said he wasnt. wouldnt call ville valo, stuart townsend or brad pitt unattractive either just cause they played vampires or embrace parts of that sorta lifestyle.Sure look at Townsend whos w/ Charlize Theron,whos a bloody goddess and I dont even need 2 mention the ride Pitt is w/
    Girls like the vampire thing cuz it's a bit dangerous, a bit edgy, but still not quite threatening enough to be unattractive.

Ya I already get that.I wasnt seekin an explanation for da attraction to all of it tbh w/ u
    Basically Pattinson's a goth-y Zac Efron. And therefore appeals to older girls ( in general) who are over the boyband thing,

my sister was never into boybands,shes always bn more of an indie/rock head. I dunno much bout Zac Efron and Ive never seen him bein interviewed,like I only saw him n a trailer for 17 Again.he looks like a bit of a pretty boy who goes 2 salons n Beverly Hills
    ..but don't fancy real men yet. I've been there!

he looks like a real man 2 me :pac: :p
    I'm the same age as your sister-I don't get the attraction myself- he's way too feminine for my taste.

sure,each 2 their own thats all I can say! ;)

Edward Cullen's a pussy vampire. I mean, not eating humans?

well i just checked up on that earlier and my sister said that n da books it says that Cullen used 2 eat humans for the first few years or decade or whatever that he was a vampire- mostly would-be murderers and society's other murky fcukers that he'd spot.So he did murder and drink da blood of humans at first. I dunno,theres nothin 'pussy' bout having the strength 2 capture and kill lions and drinkin their blood because thats his main source of blood since he stopped killin humans. Itd b sh!tloads harder to capture and kill a lion than a human. anyway,whether Cullen feels like killing humans or not doesnt matter- he has no trouble attracting ladies,and thats the whole point anyway
    It's like a witch who doesn't do magic.

heh heh,theres a one n a small town called Cobh in Cork who calls herself a witch and she does bugger all magic !! :Dhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055333606
    The best vampire in fiction has to be Miriam Blaylock from "The Hunger" by Whitley Strieber.

I dont read vampire or horror fiction but I know theres a movie of that same name w/ David Bowie,Susan Sarandon and da French actress Catherine Deneuve ??

well i just checked up on that earlier and my sister said that n da books it says that Cullen used 2 eat humans for the first few years or decade or whatever that he was a vampire- mostly would-be murderers and society's other murky fcukers that he'd spot.So he did murder and drink da blood of humans at first. I dunno,theres nothin 'pussy' bout having the strength 2 capture and kill lions and drinkin their blood because thats his main source of blood since he stopped killin humans. Itd b sh!tloads harder to capture and kill a lion than a human. anyway,whether Cullen feels like killing humans or not doesnt matter- he has no trouble attracting ladies,and thats the whole point anyway

heh heh,theres a one n a small town called Cobh in Cork who calls herself a witch and she does bugger all magic !! :Dhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055333606

I dont read vampire or horror fiction but I know theres a movie of that same name w/ David Bowie,Susan Sarandon and da French actress Catherine Deneuve ??

Yeah there is. **** movie but brilliant books.

Miriam's still better... And she still gets ladies.

I'm sorry but lesbian vamps will beat the guys any day.

Yeah there is. **** movie but brilliant books.

ive seen it n the TV listings the odd time before but its always on too fcukin late for me 2 bother my arse stayin up 2 take a look,and ive the same apathy for findin it online but ive always had a nagging respect for Bowie all da same.
    Miriam's still better... And she still gets ladies.

but sure thats no good or no use when your a 100% heterosexual male

[/QUOTE]I'm sorry but lesbian vamps will beat the guys any day.[/quote]

what super powers does this Miriam 0000ac2a104.jpg one have ? ! a dogged drive 2 interrogate people and get information out of em? hee hee :p look into my eeyyyyes,look into my eeeyyyyes not around the eyes,look into my eeeyyyes. the truth,da whole truth and nothin but the whole truth ! edward cullen can read minds,id say thats very handy

<snip>

Well what would "Robert Pattinson is hot only to emo twelve-year-old girls..." suggest other than u thinkin his fans are all uniformly twelve or emo ??? :confused:

I meant in general. I didn't mean every one of his fans is an emo twelve year old- that's a bit illogical.
    never said he wasnt. wouldnt call ville valo, stuart townsend or brad pitt unattractive either just cause they played vampires or embrace parts of that sorta lifestyle.Sure look at Townsend whos w/ Charlize Theron,whos a bloody goddess and I dont even need 2 mention the ride Pitt is w/

No, but the combination of good-looking and vampire works. He's still just a pretty boy with a dark edge. That's all there is to him really.

Ya I already get that.I wasnt seekin an explanation for da attraction to all of it tbh w/ u

Yes, but that's why the girls like him- he's a bit dark and edgy but bascially just another teen heart-throb.
    my sister was never into boybands,shes always bn more of an indie/rock head. I dunno much bout Zac Efron and Ive never seen him bein interviewed,like I only saw him n a trailer for 17 Again.he looks like a bit of a pretty boy who goes 2 salons n Beverly Hills

So does Pattinson though, he wouldn't exactly look out of place in a boyband. He's just like Efron, except for slightly older girls going theough their baby- goth phase.

Again, I don't mean everyone of them, or you sister personally, just in general.

I agree though- to each their own.

• Advertisement

I meant in general. I didn't mean every one of his fans is an emo twelve year old- that's a bit illogical.

i know it is. Thats why I responded sayin that other ages and non-emos seem to like the man!
    No, but the combination of good-looking and vampire works. He's still just a pretty boy with a dark edge. That's all there is to him really.

Right Ive watched a couple of interviews wit da guy and ya know what,he actually seems alright. not a poofter ponce like I thought he might b from lookin at him, tho I saw that twilight movie and all before. To be fair, he didnt have much dialogue n that thing,script was sh!te. anyway, hes able 2 take the piss out of himself and playin a 100 year-old vampire sporting a 'bouffant haircut' and that stupid little funny grey coat. i never knew (until now)that he contributed a few of his own tunes 2 the movie soundtrack,he's a musician who does gigs n his spare time. No fcukn spare time left now Id say. :pac: too busy fending off girls wit an oar! So based on all that stuff, Id have 2 disagree w/ u that him bein "a pretty boy with a dark edge" is 'all there is to him'.

Yes, but that's why the girls like him- he's a bit dark and edgy but bascially just another teen heart-throb.

again - http://www.twilightmoms.com/2009/04/edward-cullen-or-robert-pattinson/

So does Pattinson though, he wouldn't exactly look out of place in a boyband.

Westlife%2520-%2520Offical%2520Use%2520Pic%2520Cropped.jpgrobert_pattinson300.jpg do u think theyd have a spot 4 him now that bryan mcF@ggot has decamped to Australia ? I can see Rob doin lead vocals beside da dark haired one on the right
    He's just like Efron, except for slightly older girls going through their baby- goth phase.

zac-efron-3.jpg 200902230746.jpg ya theres a slight resemblance especially n the hair department and how they are around the same age

i dont know know why girls are mad bout Zac Efron,he looks more 'beautified' than a girl and he acted n that God almighty dross that was high school musical. Ya,the small ones and teenage girls love it but i cant sit through more than 5 minutes of it, does my head in. Efron looks spookily like Barry Manilow here:
    zac-efron-hairspray-london-premiere-arrivals-04g0wa.jpg separated at birth ? barrymanilow.jpg

Advertisement