Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 03-03-2009 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced the 11.11
    phenomenon.. it started with me a good few years ago that during the day I would be drawn to look at the clock and it would be 11.11, or at night I would be going to bed and the clock would show 11.11 (my alarm clock is not 24hr) when it first happened I got a new job and then it stopped, but it did happen again and a while after I got a pay rise, the next time a promotion, and the next time I moved departments!!.. i.e. it always started to happen just before something major happened to me (albeit its all work related!) and also sometimes it might not be 11.11, it could be 10.10, 12.12 etc.. but mostly 11.11... would love to know if anyone else has experienced this!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

This isn't paranormal.

There's nothing strange or weird about this either. 11.11 might be for some, what 09:11 is to me...but it doesn't mean anything.

Add this to the fact that numbers are only symbols that represent reality in a certain context, had we evolved again, we might use different symbols...etc. So no...it's not paranormal...and I don't think it has a basis to be in this forum either.

It's simply finding a pattern...and recognizing it more so than any other combination i.e. 12:34

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I think it's an illusion really. I have the same experience but i'm guessing it's down to the mind taking note of 11.11 because of it's resonance of order as opposed to 13.57 which doesn't have an obvious connecting patterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

As I said in a previous thread of this flavour, the number 127 for me, because a friend pointed it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

I just googled my 11.11 'thing' and it has happened to Uri Geller as well:

If your attention has been drawn to clocks and watches at exactly 11:11, then read the following:
    I started experiencing this rather bizarre occurrence when I was forty years old, at first I thought they were coincidences, I would stand with my back to a digital clock and something made me turn around and I would notice that the time would be 11:11. These incidents intensified I would be checked into hotel rooms on floor 11 room 1111. I started noticing these digits on computers, microwave ovens, cars, documents, etc. I decided to write about it on my website. I was immediately inundated by hundreds of emails from all around the world. Individuals were telling me their own 11:11 stories, almost always saying “I thought it only happened to me”. It is difficult for me to decipher what this is all about but my intuition tells me its positive.

At least its positive!!.. and 'sorry' if I posted this to the wrong forum.. new to the Boards.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

looked at the clock there 13.13 coincidence tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

I constantly get 16:16. Everyday! It's bizzare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cumhachtnamara

11:11 has "followed" me and my family for years!! i use the term followed VERY losely!! me and both my parents would often look at the clock at 11:11 or 1:11 and so on, we live in number 11 and often phone calls or bills will be associated with 11. i wouldn't say its anything more than a coincidence!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

trustno1 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced the 11.11
    phenomenon.. it started with me a good few years ago that during the day I would be drawn to look at the clock and it would be 11.11, or at night I would be going to bed and the clock would show 11.11 (my alarm clock is not 24hr) when it first happened I got a new job and then it stopped, but it did happen again and a while after I got a pay rise, the next time a promotion, and the next time I moved departments!!.. i.e. it always started to happen just before something major happened to me (albeit its all work related!) and also sometimes it might not be 11.11, it could be 10.10, 12.12 etc.. but mostly 11.11... would love to know if anyone else has experienced this!!

I always get 13.13! Have done for years, so strange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Kieo

mine has always been 9:11, i work nights and every night i look up and its 9:11 and i married on sept 11th :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

i get it all the time too,i think lots of people do,for me,over the years,ive found on "off" days,its neve noticable and on good days every time i look at a clock the digits are matching! strange but again may well just be the mind is now trained to take note of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

i often get 04.04 for sum reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

ITS 12.12 for me its crazy it follows me everywhere, last night i was out for a takeaway i looked at the menu and it should of came to 15.60 but no it came to 12.12 so the cashier done it again and it still came to 12.12 finally the till broke and got stuck on 12.12 it was madness.

Advertisement