Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games other than Holdem and Omaha?

Options
  • 03-03-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I want to know if anywhere in the greater Dublin area (or beyond, although that's where I'm based) spreads any poker variants other than hold'em and omaha. (Tourney our cash games).

I'd be most interested in some 7 card or 5 card stud, although draw (normal and lowball) would also be interesting to hear about.

Any ideas?

(P.S : first thread, be nice ;) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Theres no interest unfortunately. Id love to be proved wrong, we got a few stud tourneys and cash games going in Lukes but it never took off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Yeah, doesn't seem to be demand for regular games of stud. It's a pity as it's a great game. I can understand why draw poker isn't played much any more though - its gay!
    I'd be up for a game of stud sometime. 7 card preferably but possibly 5 card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Fitz has this going:

Tuesday
    5 Card Draw (Jacks or better)
    Buy in EUR 20, Registration EUR 5
    Re-buys at EUR 10 each
    START: 9.00pm

and the Sporting Emporium this:

Wednesdays
    €35 + €5 + €10 Pot Limit 3 Card Irish with Scalp.1 x €30 Rebuy or Top-up. Starting Stack :3,500. Rebuy/Top-up : 4,500. 20/25 Min Clock. Please ask a member of staff for full details of an Irish Tournament. Players will receive €10 for every opponent they knock out of the Tournament. .

(Kind of a mix of omaha and NHL tho so prob not what you're after.)

Haven't seen any of the other games anywhere in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Riveam

That is a major shame. I did actually already know about the draw game in the Fitz alright, I'd forgotten. Never heard of or played 3 card Irish. How does it work?
    Yeah, doesn't seem to be demand for regular games of stud. It's a pity as it's a great game. I can understand why draw poker isn't played much any more though - its gay!
    I'd be up for a game of stud sometime. 7 card preferably but possibly 5 card.

Maybe one of these days, I'd say it'd be hard to get players for it though. Where you based Pete?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Think it's essentially Holdem, but you get dealt three cards, and discard one after the flops dealt, open to correction though

• Advertisement
Advertisement