Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nc10 or one of these 12-13inch laptops?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There is a huge difference in spec between netbooks like the nc10 and 13/12" laptops. The latter are fully fledged laptops with a small form factor, ie they have superior processors, Hard Drives, RAM, Graphics etc, but they are larger, heavier. You have to decide what you want, a computer that is small, relatively cheap, for borwsing on the go? Or something a little larger that would suffice as a full Laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭ceoexec2

i know the specs are higher on the 12-13in but is it really just window dressing. are those extra gigs of hd, ram, graphic etc necessary.would the the nc10 be suitable as a main laptop.

i know there is no dvd drive so playing dvds and using it to back up files is out but other than that is the price difference warranted. what else would you get with the 12-13in that wouldnt come with the nc10. is the difference just the quality of ram, hd, graphics.

just on the 12-13in models i mentioned. which of them is the best value if i do decide on one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

ceoexec2 wrote: »
    i know the specs are higher on the 12-13in but is it really just window dressing. are those extra gigs of hd, ram, graphic etc necessary.would the the nc10 be suitable as a main laptop.

i know there is no dvd drive so playing dvds and using it to back up files is out but other than that is the price difference warranted. what else would you get with the 12-13in that wouldnt come with the nc10. is the difference just the quality of ram, hd, graphics.

just on the 12-13in models i mentioned. which of them is the best value if i do decide on one

hi coexec

you seem to vacillate a lot in your choice. you have several other posts on your quandary.

i've decided on a c15" laptop and am seeking the best price/performance ratio i can find.

as you, i've enquired here about sources, other than online, for lenovo, which i've more or less decided on, but with no response.

unlike you, i intend to pursue the product i want and get the best price.

why compromise?

good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Whilst I have no complaints with my NC10 it will never be my main laptop.
    I use it for what it is designed for, a lightweight and ultra-portable machine
    for browsing, email, light office work, movies/music whilst travelling.

Comparing it to a decent spec'd laptop is comparing apples to oranges.
    The question you need to ask yourself OP is what do you want?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

If you are looking for a main laptop, get a 12/13" machine. You haven't been specific about what you want to do on this laptop/netbook. Please Read this before posting again How to get help on this forum., as you've gone from wanting a 15" laptop, to netbooks. If you can't decide what you need/want, we certainly can't!

• Advertisement
Advertisement