Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government announce ESB price but

Options
  • 03-03-2009 4:07pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Shock horror the government have announced a price drop, just heard it there on Radio 1.

So can anyone guess how much, coincidental too when Bord Gais are getting a load of customers switching over from them rip off merchants!! :mad:

Oh ya, this is the linky! :)

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0303/energy.html

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I admitt not following the news on it to closely but did not BG promise to stick 10% below what ever ESB charged for first year and 5% for the next two and Aircity was 12% below ESB first year?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

That I dont know to be honest Nody.

I will contact both to see, jees but it could total 23% of a saving from today if I switch to Eirtricty from the money grabbers.
    Thats a lot of money!!!

Why couldnt they do this back in January when the put their prices up, oil is no cheaper than then, it goes to show what pressure will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Nody wrote: »
    I admitt not following the news on it to closely but did not BG promise to stick 10% below what ever ESB charged for first year and 5% for the next two and Aircity was 12% below ESB first year?

Yes, BG has promised to keep prices below ESB for the next 3 years. 10% this year and 5% for the following 2 years. They also offer additional reductions of 2% each for taking gas from them and for signing up to direct debit.

So no matter what ESB does, BG will be up to 14% cheaper for the first year and 9% cheaper for the next 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Airtricity is guaranteeing their price too... regardless of ESB's price drop...
    So, if ESB drop 10%, Airtricity will continue to be 13% cheaper on ESB's new price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

yes and the goverment gives out a little lube prior to the news that we will be shafted again shortly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

old boy wrote: »
    yes and the goverment gives out a little lube prior to the news that we will be shafted again shortly

indeed the auld give with one hand and take it with another

Advertisement