Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasma TV

Options
  • 03-03-2009 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Where is the best place to buy a Panasonic TH-42PZ80B - 42" or a TV of similar spec. Don't want LCD.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,888 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I don't think that model will be compatible with the Irish DTT brodcasts as it has a UK spec DVB-T tuner which cant decode mpeg-4.

The sets with inbuilt freesat receivers, however, can decode DTT as well as receive all freesat channels including the two HD ones. You would be looking at the TH-42PZ81B model.

I was initially trying to get hold of one of these myself, but failed. Apparently there was really high demand for them and they all sold with no new stock because of new models which have recently been announced.

I tried multiple local suppliers and they all said they would have to import such a set and the price was a lot more than UK retailers were asking. However, most UK retailers I enquired of wouldn't ship to Ireland.

To cut a long story short, I found a UK retailer via eBay that had the larger TH-50PZ81B and would ship it to Ireland for a reasonable cost so I bought one. it was very well packed for transit - strapped upright on an individual pallette and then wrapped in multiple layers of black plastic - and arrived in perfect condition. I saved €700 over what I was quoted by local retailers.

The seller was entertainmentexclusive and they still have them on eBay:

http://tinyurl.com/bbjyua

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

alliance electric maybe ? Got a 37" panny plasma from them at a good price - they are open to a bit of haggling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

Where is the best place to buy a Panasonic TH-42PZ80B - 42" or a TV of similar spec. Don't want LCD.

try richersounds i got one there last week delivered for 20 (special for boardies :)
    have a look at this board

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭andy1249

As of last week , Power City had stock , believe it or not !

Advertisement