Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom DR814Q and NAS

Options
  • 03-03-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,
    My QNAP NAS is having difficulty connecting out onto the web. It's trying to use ports range 6881 - 6999. I've opened the ports using the directions on the smarttelecom tread copied below. I've checked from an external website and the ports show as open yet the NAS still can't access the web.
    Has anyone any suggestions ?

The only thing I can notice is that the NAS doesn't show up in the DHCP client list . However it's accessible from laptops/xbox etc .

Thanks
    Ronan

Open Ports with older Firmware DR814Q
    Just to let people know the configuration option shown on Portforwarding is different than shown.
    It seems at least a few people couldn't find the advanced NAT settings as I couldn't either. Don't bother going NAT as decribed do the following instead.

1)Log onto the web to access the modem controls and go to security
    2) Note the vertual server section this is the same as the advanced NAT settings without the gateway section
    3) Add in the details as per portforwarding without the gateway section

Comments

Advertisement