Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question..

Options
  • 03-03-2009 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just a quick question in regards to quitting the fags- i havent smoked since Saturday night as i woke up on Sunday morning with a nasty chest infection, so i decided there and then to quit. Ive been meaning to do it for a while so im thinking this is the best time seeing as i havnt had any cravings because my chest infection is so bad, i couldnt smoke even if i tried!

I bought nicotine patches but read in one of the threads that its takes 72 hours for nicotine to clear from your body, so will i bother using them as by tonight it will be 72 hours without cigs for me? I'd say once i get better the cravings will start so maybe i will need to use the patches then. Any tips/advice? Seriously need to quit!

Bumblebee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

Personally I wouldnt use patches just yet.Let the chest infection run its course and when you're back to full health, then use the patches. The longer you stay away from nicotine in patch form or otherwise, the easier it will be to give up long-term.

As I've said earlier,educate yourself on what patches you need...factors like how much you smoke, what strength cigarettes you smoke and you're metabolism are all factors.

Bear in mind that patches are just an aid, and in my opinion, not a very good one. Now that you have an excuse, go for it cold turkey...i did in september and Im still goin strong.

I remain convinced that cold turkey and a strong will are the only ways to give it up for good...so best of luck and get well soon!

Advertisement