Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any wind turbines in the city or towns?

Options
  • 03-03-2009 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

I've been toying with the idea of getting a wind turbine but am aware from the reading of done of the problems with dity air in built up areas
    I live in dublin on high ground and am fortunate enough not to be overlooked with what appears to be good clearance, there's decent wind coming down of the mountains but I haven't gauged it mechanically yet.

Question does anybody (or know someone with) have one in the city/town limits?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Cheeble

There's one just inside the Victoria Quay gate of the Guinness site. It's coupled to a street lamp, along with a solar panel. Beats me how it does any good at all being as it's fully sheltered by the buildings, and the sun never shines in Dublin!

Cheeble-eers

Advertisement