Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flyers

Options
  • 02-03-2009 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi guys, I need some help,

I have to get 400 flyers out over today and tomorrow, here's the problem,
    there flyers promoting complementary therapies. I delivered 400 last week the bulk of which where via letter boxes close to where I live- I went to Dublin two weeks ago and stood at a couple of luas' stops, like a spare t.. and got the queerest, "look down your nose looks from everyone", you'd think I was pushing drugs on them or something the looks I was getting!!Im not a sales person.

I can't do it trying to push something on someone,and its very demorlising when you see someone take one not even bother to read it and score a slam dunk it into the trash, (Yeah yeah Ive a vested interest in each flyer, they're my babies and you send them out with it good intentions)

I prefer postboxes myself. Thing is I don't know which postboxes to put them in- can you see where this is going?

I want to help people,who want to be helped (my target audience),Ive 400 flyers (my budget),Im based in the leinster area can you do the math?

How do I get 400 flyers into postboxes to power of n, in the hope of one just one client -Ive low expectations?
    External factors given?

Im aware of the word of mouth method, problem is I need a mouth, website is a wip, Ive tried flyers in health stores Ive got calls but there from fellow professionals.

Putting them on windscreen wipers is a no go for me.

Please constructive suggestions only -remember if I give you a gift and you don't accept it whose gift is it...

thank you in advance. love and light

Ps this 800 will bring me to the 1000 mark for handing out flyers since b4 xmas. Im looking at doing info nites next I will not be beaten.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Some good info here as it was discussed at length a few weeks back - really all thi info you need. You will note that I ate a little Umble pie there(!)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055488263

Rgds

C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Hire a few model types (dollies ) and you won't encounter much resistence from the public accepting your flyers, in fact they will probably make the approach!

You seem to plan larger distribution, in which case you might have to consider 'distribution as an insert'.

Supermarkets/Shopping centres might also be worth some thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Adelante

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback.

Blue4ever yeah I read the thread and its a great thread.Thanks for that.

Sonnenblumen forgive me what is 'distribution as an insert'??I'd like to hear more, I guess I was trying to hit as many people as possible in the hope of getting one

Re shopping centres, the ones close to me have bans on handing out flyers littering and the like.

Thanks again appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

regional papers usually wont do a split run for inserts - its all or nothing - for say for the fingal indo - you would have to insert 8,000K leaflets - they wont do less.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

From what i've figured so far is with flyers its just a numbers game as everyone will tell you.You will have to give out thousands before you get someone who needs what your seling/providing.

Also you say you have only 400.If thats the case i wouldn't hire models or anything like that because you don't want to give them out to someone who just takes it because a pretty girl is handing it to them,they will take it but still put it in the bin if its of no use to them.The first few flyers i gave out i done myself,printed from a template on crappy paper which is a waste of time as its even more likey to hit the bin then.Its not too exspensive to get a design done,then when your happy with it you can get a load printed.I am in the process of doing this right now,i've been putting them in postboxes with the rest of the junk mail :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Adelante

Thanks Son,
    I hear ya, you got it in one. I feel your pain too!!!

Em its trial and error for me,I guess. Im mean Im trying to be innovative, I guess what it really boils down to is selecting the 400 households that I need to choose to put them in. Perhaps ten here, ten there. I think hitting one estate en mass,is not working, I mean I hate having to discrimate one over the other beacuse it means the people who actually may need,are being passed over.What Ive concluded is its pot luck!!!

Someone did suggest Kompas, tried it ,find it hard to navigate for what I need, good luck by way.Hope you find your niche market:)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

Hi Adelante,

If you can wait till the Easter holidays - or are going to run more campaigns in the near future, then avail of the school holidays during Easter.

Post a wanted ad on Gumtree.ie looking for students who want to earn some extra cash over the holidays and have them deliver your flyers for you.

You can put your flyers out in different parts of the country and see how the uptake goes.

Advertisement