Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robin C&C

Options
  • 02-03-2009 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have not been out and about much with the camera in a long time. I have been looking to get a good pic of a robin for ages now. Let me know what you think of this one.

73991.jpg

I'm thinking in going to have to lash it into photoshop and expose the robin (+1), dont have it on this computer so I will show you what I have for now.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Yeah the Robin in the shadow is a major problem....also while I like the composition the Robin is just too small in it and you have to search for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭DjDangerousDave

Yeah. I think I feel the same. God Damm Robins!

I need a more powerfull lens. Or some kind of stelth suit.

I'll try crop it a bit tighter.

Thanks for the input.

Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

I need a more powerfull lens. Or some kind of stelth suit.

Get yourself to the Botanic Gardens. The ones there would start a fight with you. I could almost touch this guy and I wasn't wearing a stealth suit. 70-200 lens at 200. No crop.

3325472072_c3683aa1c2_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

bovril wrote: »
    Get yourself to the Botanic Gardens. The ones there would start a fight with you. I could almost touch this guy and I wasn't wearing a stealth suit. 70-200 lens at 200. No crop.

3325472072_c3683aa1c2_o.jpg

Yeah, you definately need to just zoom with your feet (OP, not bovril !). Robins are usually easy enough to get pictures of. They're pretty bold so you can normally jam a lens right up into their little peckers. I took this one a couple of weeks back. Cropped a small bit to get it into landscape but that was it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dairequinlan/3298260826/

Sorry, can't access flickr in work so can't get the proper URL for the image.

Advertisement