Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help - studio 15 from dell

Options
  • 02-03-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

my head is wrecked! been looking at laptops for the past month and can't really decide. think I have finally decided to go with the dell studio 15, however have read some bad reports (and some good)about it on the dell website. the inspirion is cheaper but was told the studio was better (by a colleague) the laptop is costing just over 1k when I include anti-virus etc so want to make sure it is good, does not crash etc. is this a good buy? anyone have one? I need it for videos, watching things online powerpoint internet msn/bebo etc. I want a quick one that allows me to have a few windows open at the same time. am not technically minded at all so need an easy one to use please help this is the link
    thanks in advance
    http://ireland.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/laptop_studio_15?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&ref=lthp&s=dhs
    getting the last one on the list and adding anti virus etc thanks x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

I have a Studio 1537 which is a great midrange laptop. I have had no problems with it. Mine has a fingerprint reader on it which I find great because I am absolutely useless at remembering passwords for websites and stuff.

The Inspiron would be at the lower end of the dell family with Studio as midrange laptops and the XPS Laptops at the top end. A grand for a laptop seems expensive to me. You can get much better value that. Check out the Dell outlet store. You might a better deal there.

http://ireland.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=ie&cs=&l=en&s=dfo&~ck=betafrbsd&~ck=mn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

This isn't a direct answer to your question, but just so you know, there are several very good and free anti-virus apps, such as AVG Free and Avast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Terri26 wrote: »
    my head is wrecked! been looking at laptops for the past month and can't really decide. think I have finally decided to go with the dell studio 15, however have read some bad reports (and some good)about it on the dell website. the inspirion is cheaper but was told the studio was better (by a colleague) the laptop is costing just over 1k when I include anti-virus etc so want to make sure it is good, does not crash etc. is this a good buy? anyone have one? I need it for videos, watching things online powerpoint internet msn/bebo etc. I want a quick one that allows me to have a few windows open at the same time. am not technically minded at all so need an easy one to use please help this is the link
    thanks in advance
    http://ireland.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/laptop_studio_15?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&ref=lthp&s=dhs
    getting the last one on the list and adding anti virus etc thanks x

I would recommend the Studio 15, it's a more streamlined shape and nicer build quality than the inspirons, and as voodoo_child says go for AVG Free instead of whatever package dell are offering. Id also recommend the WLED screen as it's slimmer than the ccfl and wont use up as much battery aswell as looking nicer :)

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

thanks a miilion guys for your responses - much appreciated! :D

Advertisement