Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire One netbook €199.97 (brand new)

Options
  • 02-03-2009 6:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Couple of weeks ago i bought a brand new Aspire One A0A110 - white model, it's the very first model released, with the (slowest) 8GB Intel SSD and 512MB embedded memory, Linux.

Thought it was a good deal for the price, Currys in Limerick city center...was in there a few days ago and they have a blue model still in there...not very many left though. They also have one in blue for €229 with 120GB HDD, 5400 RPM...specs as above. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Btw...i flashed to the latest 3309 bios easy enough and also loaded the latest Linpus Lite OS from an ISO, the netbook came with an old version of the bios & OS :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

To get AAO110 for 150. Purchase in DID for 250, then get quote from Curry's for 199, return to DID and show them quote and ask for them to refund you 200% of the difference as per their price guarantee.

Et viola!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭L.R. Weizel

Are any of these the 6 cell model? (5+ hours battery life).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

To flesh out Richard Dower's Bargain Alert, here's a link to the specifications on Acer's UK site.

http://www.acer.co.uk/acer/product.do?link=oln23g.redirect&changedAlts=&kcond5e.c2att92=842&CRC=799031628

Nice price, I love the dual SD slot idea. I loathe the mouse button strips left and right of the trackpad.

Are any of these the 6 cell model? (5+ hours battery life).

The ones i spoke about are 3 Cell and lasts abu 2h15m full charge.

• Advertisement

Update, all the Aspire One netbook for €200 appear to be gone, was in there today. But they did have a new Asus EEE PC 701 model for €199.97, it's the Asus Linux version with 4GB SSD. Had a look at it...their version of Linux loaded had alot more options and things to play with and the System Information tabs display alot more. It's the 7" LCD one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Also keep an eye on www.laptopsdirect.ie especially the refurbished/returns offers - can sometimes get good deals there. No vested interest other than as a one time satisfied customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ttc028

Update, all the Aspire One netbook for €200 appear to be gone, was in there today. But they did have a new Asus EEE PC 701 model for €199.97, it's the Asus Linux version with 4GB SSD. Had a look at it...their version of Linux loaded had alot more options and things to play with and the System Information tabs display alot more. It's the 7" LCD one...

There were still several available at Currys/PCWorld, Mahon in Cork today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭L.R. Weizel

PC World in Limerick still had one on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Only used linux a small bit before but can you install programs like paddy power poker gmail etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement