Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

intrepid ibex install problem, bluetooth mouse

Options
  • 02-03-2009 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

booting from cd working grand get to first page of install with the desktop in background

and can go no further.......... well the cursor is there, just cant move it
    Ive got a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, I know ubuntu can be finicky(wrong spelling) about bt so if anybody has any idea where to start other than buy an new mouse and keyboard thatd be just swell

I ran it on lappy and it works grand, hence why Im presuming its the mouse and board

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

you can use the text install instead of the graphical I think. you only use the keyboard for that, its like a windows install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

you can use the text install instead of the graphical I think. you only use the keyboard for that, its like a windows install.

I was gonna suggest that but I think the keyboard is bluetooth as well. I think perhaps the only solution is to go wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

oh yeah, good point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Bump!
    I have BT Logitech MX1000/MX5000 mouse & keyboard set and what I do when installing is once it reaches the desktop, I unlug and then plug in the bluetooth USB dongle and it picks it up, then once installed I remove all the bluez packages
    using:
    "apt-get remove bluez-cups bluez-pcmcia-support bluez-pin bluez-utils"

Or juts in Synaptic search for bluez and uninstall any entries, then the kb and mouse work after reboot.

Works in Ubuntu and Mint anyway.

Advertisement