Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing a new website aimed at the legal profession

Options
  • 01-03-2009 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi all!

I am currently in the process of creating a website aimed at Solicitors, Barristers etc.

The service I am going to be offering is along the lines of a virtual secretary. Basically I would be doing all the things that a legal secretary would be doing (typing out legal documents, invoices, correspondence etc) all the while trying to help them cut down on their costs (i.e. the cost of having an actual secretary in the office or maybe having the secretary doing some other tasks!)

I came across this website www.legaltypist.com which is pretty much what I would be offering although it is American so a lot of it would not be applicable. I need to fine tune a few things before I go live but I would just like any advice or tips anyone might have on setting something up like this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sounds like a good idea :) No advice though sorry !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

I think they'd freak out at the thought of confidential client info going outside the office into the 'cloud'. When it comes to confidentiality they are very cautious and slow to change. Took legal profession a long time to make use of email. Talk to some solicitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

conolan wrote: »
    I think they'd freak out at the thought of confidential client info going outside the office into the 'cloud'. When it comes to confidentiality they are very cautious and slow to change. Took legal profession a long time to make use of email. Talk to some solicitors.

I have drafted up a confidentiality agreement that I would sign with each client to ensure I wouldn't blab their secrets! I am a legal secretary at the moment so I know what to do with regards to keeping schtum! I have the bones of what would be a very useful, not to mention profitable service but I just want to make sure I perfect everything before I go live so thats why I'm looking for tips and advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

One snag you may run into (and I hate being negative towards anyone's idea)-is that a huge number of your target market are now financially under the kosh with the collapse of the building trade. I've personally had 2 approaches from solicitors in the past 2 weeks touting for business-jobs that 12 months ago they would have had no iota of interest in taking on....

Advertisement