Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice: training with an injury; low impact!

Options
  • 01-03-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody, hope ye are all well and happy :)

I have just joined the gym for a month to stop me losing my fitness as I wait for my foot injury to heal. The physio says it will probably be another four weeks before I can run, then it will only be on grass. I am allowed (!) to use the crosstrainer and bike at the moment as well as swimming so I will be giving all of these a bash.

So my question really is what kind of training should I be doing, in order to increase my fitness over the next month so that I will be in reasonable condition to continue my marathon training. I would be hoping to get to the gym 5 times a week if possible.

How long?
    How intense?

I did a session on the cross-trainer today for 10 min and the bike for about 43 min but I didn't really break into a sweat and I wasn't struggling for breath at all, my HRM said that I spent:

25 min in HR zone 1
    35 min in HR zone 2
    15 min in HR zone 3
    7.5 min in HR zone 4
    4 min in HR zone 5 (176 bpm)

Any and all advice is welcome, thanks a million for taking the time :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Sorry mods, I posted this in training logs in error so I've re-posted in A/R/T and maybe ye could delete or lock this thread. I went to delete it but for some reason there was no option to delete the post, thanks, C

Advertisement