Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LightRoom2.2 Delete = Not removing from Disc

Options
  • 01-03-2009 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Has anyone on this board managed to find a working solution to what seems to be a common problem?

For months I have been in the LR library and when on a photo I don't need hit the delete key, was asked Delete from disc or remove from Library. Remove from disc being the default option I hit enter and move on to the next one.

Noticing my HD was still rather full yesterday I did a small investigation and found that hundreds of photos I thought I had deleted were still on my HD in their proper folders.

Googled all this and came across it on the adobe forums and a few others but there does not seem to be a simple solution?

So far Right click and deleting puts them in the recycle bin for full deletion. Hitting delete and then using you mouse to click on remove from disc works too but just hitting delete and then enter (which uses remove from disc by default) just won't work.

Anyone else come across this and a solution? Am on Vista home premium & LR2.2.

If you want to test this just empty your recycle bin and use the delete key and enter key option. If it is not now in the recycle bin then it is still on your HD.

Pain in the hole :( It will take me a day to properly delete them all again :(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Just Playing

bedlam wrote: »

For individual photos, at least on a Mac, backspace brings up the option to delete from catalogue or delete from disk

edit: oh and digital darkroom is that way

If you hit "Enter" (I don't use a mac) Does it put them in the recycle bin and delete them from disc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Just Playing

Thanks you for the help. I can use the X option and then later filter by rejected :) Which makes life alot easier. As I can select all and delete.

Thank you once again!

Advertisement