Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munich?

Options
  • 01-03-2009 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Appreciate any advice/experience you have on the following:
    Myself and a friend are planning on heading over to Munich in the next few weeks to try and find some work until September when we'll return for college. I've heard recommendations about applying for barwork (no experience though) or tree-surgeory (?).
    Is it tough to find work in these areas for someone young with an average amount of work experience?
    Also, with regards accomodation we're planning on staying in a hostel when we arrive until we find somewhere nice and relatively cheap to rent for the few months.
    Any recommendations for accom/work/things to do there are greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

here man register at tinytown http

://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/

people from all over europe, and other parts as well(mainly american) will definetly give you good info.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to Living Abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

FeetMagic wrote: »
    Appreciate any advice/experience you have on the following:
    Myself and a friend are planning on heading over to Munich in the next few weeks to try and find some work until September when we'll return for college. I've heard recommendations about applying for barwork (no experience though) or tree-surgeory (?).
    Is it tough to find work in these areas for someone young with an average amount of work experience?
    Also, with regards accomodation we're planning on staying in a hostel when we arrive until we find somewhere nice and relatively cheap to rent for the few months.
    Any recommendations for accom/work/things to do there are greatly appreciated!

Do you speak German at all? It may be hard to get bar work without it. What about something like the english city tours?

Advertisement