Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rehab or get away

Options
  • 01-03-2009 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I all, hope somebody can help here.

I've been suffering from depression for nearly 3 years now and have been medicated over a year and don't see any change and lately my desire to commit suicide is getting stronger.

I've been to the doctor who's has arranged for me to see a psychiatrist and has given me a few weeks worth of Xanax to tie me over and if they don't work he said he'll admit me to St.Brendans for a few weeks.

But before that all happens i'm looking for is somewhere I can go to take my mind off everything and just try to relax. Like a rehab centre etc but voluntary.

Is there any such places in Ireland? Preferably Dublin

Thanks in advance.

What i'd really like is a place to go away to

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Happy121

Sorry, I don't know of any such places, but it might be worth visiting your GP as they might have a list for you. Also, while you are at your GP, tell them what is going on in general and ask if there is something else you can be doing or someone else you should be seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Ms_Nightengale

Hi..you seem to be in a very bad place at the moment and I think if you are feelin suicidal you really should follow the advice of your doctor..I've spent a small amount of time working in a psychiatric hospital and it really wasn't like the horrible institutions that you may be imagining. And from talking to the people there it seemed that being there did offer them some space to think and reflect and get "themselves" back.

I am also wondering if you have had any type of therapy or counselling...if you feel that the medications aren't working for you it may be an idea to try this (alongside the medications)

I know that pieta house(www.pieta.ie) are located in lucan and offer psychotherapy free of charge and it might be worth your while to have a look at the services that they offer.

Please take care and be gentle with yourself.

Ms_Nightengtale

Advertisement